We are seeking an AMBA Architect to contribute to the future of Arm technology and architectures. You will work with multiple groups across Arm to generate new ideas, investigate system performance, and define new interface specifications.
You will join the Architecture and Technology Group at Arm, a dynamic, collaborative, highly motivated and influential team responsible for building the foundation of the future compute platform architectures, from autonomous vehicles to mobile phones to IoT nodes to server farms.
You will be based at Arm’s Global Headquarters which is located in one of UK's most growing cities, where technology thrives. Close to the City Centre, with parking available on site, at our global headquarters you will work alongside technology experts across the Arm business.
If you are similarly passionate about leading edge technologies then we want to hear from you!
Working in the Architecture and Technology systems architecture group:
You will contribute to the definition of next generation system technologies, primarily focussing on interfaces specifications that are used by the processors and the majority of system architecture components within a system.
You will collaborate with experts from across Arm to develop and evaluate new technologies deploying them internally within Arm and to the broader Arm ecosystem.
Your contribution will influence both Arm product roadmaps and the wider Arm ecosystem.
You will have the opportunity to participate in industry wide collaborative developments, working with experts from numerous different companies.
If the challenge and opportunity of working on state-of-the-art technology excites you, and you can meet the requirements of the job description below, we look forward to receiving your application.
You should have knowledge and skills in several of the following areas:
- Computer architecture, including CPU architecture, memory systems, caches, coherency protocols
- AMBA interface specifications, possibly including AHB, AXI, ACE or CHI.
- Off-chip interfaces specifications, such as PCIe, CCIX or CXL.
- Memory technology, such as DDR, LPDDR, HBM or NVM.
- Understanding of the system architectures used in variety of application areas, such a mobile phones, automotive applications, servers or IoT devices.
- Performance analysis and optimisation, especially in real-time systems
You should be able to:
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Navigate and make high-level design trade-offs and articulate the rationale for those choices.
- Have a can-do attitude, be flexible and ready to accept new challenges.
- Have a university degree (or equivalent), in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or a related subject area.
It would be useful if you have familiarity with one or more of:
- Arm CPU and system architectures
- Machine learning and DSP
- System-level modelling, for example System-C or gem5
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we inspire our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.