2020 or 2021 Graduate Graphics Engineer
Do you wish to help future define graphics and compute acceleration? Arm's Central Technology organisation is responsible for early development and selection of technology to keep Arm's products redefining the state-of-the-art. We are looking for someone to join our team and undertake early stage viability investigations and prototypes to help set the technical direction. We do analysis and investigations across all our processor products, but with an emphasis on our Mali GPU. This is an opportunity for you to help shape the future of accelerated graphics and compute!
Early stage prototyping can require a diverse skill set and so the role favours applicants with a broad knowledge of compute and software development skills. You will work closely with other members of the architecture team to define direction and share ideas, and develop prototypes or investigations in 1-2 person groups.
- Education to at least a B.Sc. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering. Candidates with related graduate experience or equivalent industrial experience will also be considered.
- A keen interest in the principles of GPUs and other accelerators including exposure to standards like Vulkan, OpenGL ES, OpenCL, EGL, and DirectX
- Experience of software development in C++ and Python
- Use of revision control systems
- Strong communication and analysis skills. We place importance on clear analysis and evidence-based decision-making, and need strong interpersonal skills to drive towards group consensus.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.