Job header section
Staff Performance Engineer
job navigation section
Hardware at Arm
You know us. With 125 Arm-powered products shipped every second, we'll be in a over a trillion smart devices by 2035. Your smartphone, award-winning VR gaming, the world's fastest supercomputer – our engineers are designing the advanced core processors leading the race towards a connected, autonomous, hyper-performance future.
So, we promise you endless opportunities to experiment and go even further in hardware. From advanced core implementation to full custom physical IPs, here you'll have our backing to push limits in vital areas such as memory, IO and logic.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated and innovative engineers. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we support our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
The Budapest System IP team has a track record of numerous successful deliveries, we have an open and relaxed culture where best-in-class, creative engineers work together on significant projects. Our upbeat and collaborative team builds System IP components used in future client, embedded and IoT devices.
At our Budapest-based design center, you will join a hardworking team. You will contribute to the specification, microarchitecture and RTL design of performant, energy efficient and secure IP components.
You will use novel technologies and methodologies to ensure the highest quality products as you collaborate with other Arm engineering teams to build complete IP solutions to address the performance, power and cost requirements for almost all application markets. Join and let's invent the future together!
What will you do every single day?
- Own and develop performance models for System IP, understand how hardware features affect performance
- Analyse design performance, identifying design issues and improving the correlation of models against RTL
- Work closely with engineers across design, verification, and implementation and applications engineering to meet all functional requirements, performance, power and area goals
Skills, experience, and qualifications
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering strongly preferred, Bachelor's degree along with shown related experience may be substituted
- Minimum 6 years of post-degree work experience in RTL and microarchitecture design and/or applications development, C++ and assembly development (think senior/staff types)
What significant contributions do we favor in your prior experience?
- Strong at C++ programming for large-scale software development and experience with RTL/emulation performance analysis and correlation.
- Experience of block level RTL design and verification for non-trivial ASIC (or FPGA) developments; SystemVerilog preferred
- Experience with performance analysis and debug tools and applications, including perf()
- Familiarity with the Arm AMBA specifications or other bus protocols
- A solid understanding of digital design to include one or more from CPU, GPU and cache concepts, memory, I/O, etc.
- Scripting, e.g. with Perl, Python, etc.
- Ability to travel occasionally for training and customer meetings
- Proficiency in both written and oral English
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.