Staff Design Engineer - System IPApply now
Piece Together The World’s Most Powerful Puzzle
This world has a design. It’s infinite yet discoverable. Small yet powerful. Our design engineers must all at once predict it and create it. From implementation of the most advanced CPU, GPU and HPC processors on the planet to dreaming up every eventuality that could put our SoC and system IP to the test, we puzzle over the biggest questions of our time. And microarchitect the future.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated and innovative engineers. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we support our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the team and the role
The Budapest System IP team has a track record of numerous successful deliveries, we have an open and relaxed culture where best-in-class, creative engineers work together on significant projects. Our upbeat and collaborative team builds System IP components used in future client, embedded and IoT devices.
At our Budapest-based design center, you will join a hardworking team. You will contribute to the specification, microarchitecture and RTL design of performant, energy efficient and secure IP components.
You will use novel technologies and methodologies to ensure the highest quality products as you collaborate with other Arm engineering teams to build complete IP solutions to address the performance, power and cost requirements for almost all application markets.
Join and let's invent the future together!
What will you do every single day?
- Own and develop System IP microarchitecture specification and design
- Handle SystemVerilog RTL logic design and debug; formal bring-up
- Work closely with engineers across performance modelling, validation, and implementation to meet all functional requirements, performance, power and area goals
Skills, experience, and qualifications
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering strongly preferred, Bachelor's degree along with shown related experience may be substituted
- Minimum 6 years of post-degree work experience in RTL and microarchitecture design (think senior/staff types)
What significant contributions do we favor in your prior experience?
- Experience of block level RTL design and verification for non-trivial ASIC (or FPGA) developments; SystemVerilog preferred
- Familiarity with the Arm AMBA specifications or other bus protocols
- A solid understanding of digital design to include one or more from CPU, GPU and cache concepts, memory, I/O, etc.
- Exposure to all stages of the design cycle: initial concept, specification, implementation and testing, documentation, release and support
- Hands-on experience of formal verification techniques for rapid IP bring-up
- Designing for synthesis targeted to achieve specified power, frequency, and area targets - make good judgements on functionality, performance, and physical implementation trade-offs
- Scripting, e.g. with Perl, Python, etc.
- Ability to travel occasionally for training and customer meetings
- Proficiency in both written and oral English
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.