Bristol, United Kingdom
CPU - Senior Verification EngineerApply now
Test Our Limits. Your Limits.
Every day the world invents something new to put our chips to the test. You can do the same. Because verification at Arm goes way, way beyond debugging – it’s solving the novel problems behind tech that barely exists yet. It’s working at the bleeding edge of machine learning, simulation software, model checking and hardware prototyping systems. It’s thinking the unthinkable and being sure we’re ready for it.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
As part of Arm’s continued growth, the CPU team are looking to hire dedicated engineers in the Bristol region. Based in an office in Bristol, you will be working on next generation CPU products in close collaboration with the Cambridge team. We are looking for experienced engineers to be part of this innovative CPU team and look forward to speaking to you about the wide ranging opportunities available!
Arm’s verification engineers continuously push the boundaries of what is possible with simulation, formal, and emulation tools to produce industry-leading CPU IP. Does working at the cutting edge of technology in a world-class team sounds like an exciting challenge? Is so, then a role as an Arm Verification Engineer is for you!
The CPU team in the UK has produced some of the company’s most successful products with processors designed by this group being shipped in billions of designs in use around the world today, from smartphones and tablets to AI applications, IoT, and automotive systems.
This team has been responsible for developing processors from high-end A-class parts such as the Cortex-A510, one of the first Armv9 processors, to R-class real-time processors such as Cortex-R82, Arm’s most sophisticated processor for safety, and microcontrollers in the M-class series such as the Cortex-M55.
This role will be based in Bristol, UK.
Our aim is to add highly skilled Verification Engineers who can contribute and potentially lead all phases of the verification flow. This would include mentoring and coaching of team members and ensuring that expected verification standards are met. The key responsibilities are:
- Ownership of a specific area of a CPU project ranging from unit-level testbench development through to the overall verification methodology for a CPU project.
- Responsibility for verification strategies, planning, tracking, and coordination of tasks for you and your team to meet high quality goals at the planned time.
- Collaboration on verification improvement strategies across the CPU group and the wider Arm verification community.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in architecting and implementing verification environments for complex RTL designs.
- Well-versed in the use of hardware verification languages e.g. SystemVerilog or Specman ‘e’.
- Expertise in end-to-end verification processes, from test plan creation through to verification closure.
- Ability to quickly understand and apply complex specification detail.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of computer architecture, with an emphasis on pipelining, exception handling, memory systems.
'Nice to have' Skills and Experience:
- Verification methodologies such as UVM.
- Practical experience of working on microprocessor designs.
- In-depth understanding of memory protection, memory translation, vector processing in CPUs, exception and interrupt handling.
- Understanding of constrained random stimulus, the goals and general usefulness of different types of coverage in hardware, as well as checking methodologies and behavioural functional models.
- Knowledge of assembly language (preferably Arm), and/or C/C++
- In-depth technical reviewing of others’ work.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. We empower groups/teams to determine their hybrid working pattern, with an expected minimum attendance in the office of 20% per month, depending on the work, level of experience and team’s needs. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.