Software Engineer, Infrastructure Automation
About the role:
We need someone that can assess the need for automating tasks, devise possible solutions, implement software deliverables to meet the requirements, and ensure the automation deliverables completely eliminate repetitive tasks when possible.
Working closely with team leads, team managers, project managers, and engineering teams across Global Infrastructure & Platforms (GI&P) infrastructure domains, the Automation Engineer will be a key contributor in maintaining various flavours of Infrastructure services.
You’ll need to bring a positive can-do, hardworking, self-starter and flexible demeanour in applying different techniques to help drive successful outcomes. You are also encouraged to bring fresh thinking and ideas, inspired by other successful programs you have been part of. You should be an excellent communicator with the passion and resilience to get things done!
What you will be accountable for:
You will collaborate with technical leaders and contributors as you provide contributions to common goals. Additional responsibilities includes:
- Provide day-to-day input to automation software solutions, work closely with all teams to ensure requirements are agreed to, and provide support with documentation of the automation solutions provided using the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Contribute to, and take ownership of, ongoing improvement and stability initiatives of Arm’s IT infrastructure via automation
- Maintain and update key system documentation in line with changes made
- Understand currently executed manual IT tasks prior to engaging on automation replacement solutions
- Work with Service Delivery Management and the global Service Desk to provide communications to all teams and the general user base for both planned and unplanned system outages
- A suitable sense of ownership and responsibility in driving tasks to timely and full completion
- This position does expect after-hour, evening, and weekend coverage during planned maintenance or Incident remediation
What skill, experience, and qualifications will you bring?
- 4-12 Years expereince
- Excellent skills in at least one scripting language (Bash, Python, PowerShell…)
- Fluent with SDLC practices and procedures. Experience in delivering software solutions to requirements
- Demonstrable experience with an industry recognised source code repository system
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code and one or more related technologies (Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation…)
- Deep knowledge of Linux: system administration, troubleshooting, scripting
- Understanding of networking concepts: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Firewalling
- Excellent customer service demeanour, written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to lead collaborative discussions on complex technical issues
- Excellent team working skills
- Capacity to work quickly under pressure while maintaining standards and compliance with internal policies
- Previous experience of automating and streamlining routine maintenance activities
- Understanding of AD forests and group policies
- Understanding of virtualisation systems: VMware, RHEV, Hyper-V
- Exposure to public cloud platforms; AWS, Azure, GCP
- Container technologies: Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in use of the Jira or ServiceNow tracking tools
- Producing, influencing, or reviewing High Level Designs and Low Level Design documentation
- Experience or demonstrable understanding of Information Security and vulnerability management principles
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the generation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies. Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip containing our intellectual property. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, creative and highly hardworking people. By enabling a dynamic, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other class.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.