Senior/Staff Digital VerificationApply now
Test Our Limits. Your Limits.
Every day the world invents something new to put our chips to the test. You can do the same. Because verification at Arm goes way, way beyond debugging – it’s solving the novel problems behind tech that barely exists yet. It’s working at the bleeding edge of machine learning, simulation software, model checking and hardware prototyping systems. It’s thinking the unthinkable and being sure we’re ready for it.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
We are the APD team, part of the Arm Physical Design Group. This diverse, engineering-centric group invents, defines, and develop innovative physical implementation methods for CPU/GPU class crafts using optimized physical IP. We pursue next-generation Arm CPUs and GPUs, inventing new concepts that will power billions of devices worldwide. To validate these new concepts (CPU cores, Interconnect, Memory, DAP..) on SoC testchips with success, we are looking for a hardworking Digital Verification engineer to join this outstanding team.
As a Senior/Staff Digital Verification Engineer, you will Support and own the Verification on multiple types of projects especially on SoC testchips and apply innovative verification techniques to validate new CPU, GPU and digital IPs at RTL and gate level. You will be also involved in the Design team to fix and/or develop RTL design. You will be able to run synthesis and have basics to setup constraints. You are familiar with DFT concepts and able to run ATPG, knowledge on MBIST insertion would be appreciated.
In this role, we expect a proactive and autonomous candidate to provide and specify the verification plans to validate all features and stress the design in corner cases to find all possible bugs!
- Understanding the specification of the SoC you will target.
- Defining test plan, creating verification environment. Reporting bugs to design team; plus specifying the verification sign-off criteria.
- Building the testbench by using appropriate methodology and programming language(s).
- Running tests to stress the design in its last corner cases and find all possible bugs
- Delivering patterns to Silicon Validation team and providing debug support during silicon bring-up.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- 5+ Years of work experience of relevant SoC and IP level verification.
- Excellent Knowledge in Verilog coding and debugging skills.
- Experience of RTL simulations and Gate simulations using Back-annotation.
- Good knowledge in C and C++ (or System Verilog) programming skills, and strong low-level programming skills in assembly and/or low-level C
- Highly motivated to "break" the design and find bugs, and have a reasonable appreciation of the verification methodology linked to this activity
- Good knowledge with validation at SOC and IP level
- Good knowledge with Verilog and system Verilog for testbench (rtl, gate level and power aware simulation) UVM methodology
- Experience of RTL coding with Verilog and system Verilog
- Knowledge of DFT and experience with ATPG
- Good knowledge on AMBA bus architecture (AXI, AHB, APB)
- Exposed to the RTL hardware design flow and methodology
- General understanding of semiconductor IP development threads and challenges
BE/B. Tech or MS/M. Tech
Arm core beliefs
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to surpass ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.