Senior RTL Design EngineerApply now
Piece Together The World’s Most Powerful Puzzle
This world has a design. It’s infinite yet discoverable. Small yet powerful. Our design engineers must all at once predict it and create it. From implementation of the most advanced CPU, GPU and HPC processors on the planet to dreaming up every eventuality that could put our SoC and system IP to the test, we puzzle over the biggest questions of our time. And microarchitect the future.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Arm designs the technology that is at the heart of sophisticated digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. Arm improves people’s lives by enabling the intelligence in affordable, easy-to-use electronic products that transform the way we live and work. We work in partnership with a global network of leading technology companies which are using our experienced low-power technology. Together we are crafting the future of a better world.
Today, We are well recognized as the market leader in the CPU and System IP industry to name a few and this has been achieved by consistently delivering reliable and high-quality IP products. The cost of design and manufacturing and that warrants “right first time” approach for all IP and System products by our partners. Time-to-market is essential for our partners to look after steadfast competition in the marketplace, being first would enable them to get premium value from the end products.
As Senior Design Engineer, you will be a key contributor/leader in versatile RTL design team. You will own microarchitecture, RTL design, methodologies, process, planning etc. for CPU coherency IP of high performance, energy efficient microprocessors.
- Micro-architecture specification development and design
- Verilog and SystemVerilog RTL development and debug
- Writing Assertions for RTL code and proving it in Formal verification environment
- Working closely with validation, and implementation teams to meet all functional requirements, performance, power and area goals
- Planning, tracking, partner communication
- Line managing, coaching, mentoring and managing engineers/team
- Refining methodologies/process to improve efficiency/quality
- Exposure to formal verification is helpful
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- 5+ Years of relevant work experiencing in developing/leading sophisticated designs preferably of/around CPU/coherency/cache/interconnect/MMU/TLB
- Hands on experience using Verilog HDL for design
- Proven experience designing for targeted PPA. Sound ability to make right trade-offs around features, PPA, development cost, verification efficiency/quality etc.
- Ability to generate consistent, complete, and concise specifications
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, presentations) skills
- Co-operate and communicate well with other members of Arm both locally and across sites
- Show initiative in identifying solutions to problems of interest to Arm
- Be motivated to continuously develop skills and accept a variety of responsibilities
- Some travel outside India to Arm may be required
- A bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering or other relevant subject area along with tried related experience may be substituted
Arm core beliefs
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to surpass ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate based on any characteristic.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.