Senior Linux Platform Engineer
As a Linux Engineer you will be responsible for follow-the-sun global operations and management of the Linux Platforms as well as project work.
Working closely with team leads, team managers, project managers, and engineering teams across Global Infrastructure & Platforms (GI&P) infrastructure domains, you will be a key contributor in deploying, maintaining and supporting various flavor of OS, Platforms services and multi vendor hardware break fix.
You’ll need to bring a positive team player, enthusiastic, self-starter and flexible attitude in applying different techniques to help drive successful outcomes. You are also expected to bring fresh thinking and ideas, inspired by other successful programs you have part of. You thrive working across geographical and cultural boundaries and will travel as appropriate to other arm sites as/when needed; sometimes at short notice.
Roles and Responsibilities:
You will collaborate with technical leaders and contributors as you provide contributions to common goals. You will focus on the thorough implementation, improvement, and lifecycles of Linux based systems, services and tools provided by our suppliers and utilized within our team to ensure our SLAs are met and the team's over-all effort is consistent and efficient. Additionally, you will:
- Build, upgrade, configure and deploy Linux based physical servers from scratch to support HPC infrastructure and services
- Maintain the availability of production environment by proactive monitoring for improved reliability and efficiency
- Provide primary operational support of RHEL OS, Dell, HPE, Fujitsu hardware to maintain large scale HPC Clusters globally
- Build, configure, maintain and improve various Infrastructure services such as LDAP, HAProxy, Bind DNS / DHCP, SMTP and other
- Maintain OME tools to support various hardware such as Dell, HP, Fujitsu for its lifecycle management, BIOS / firmware update and server management and improvements
- Coordinate & collaborate with the various Global & Infrastructure team to ensure a value driven road-map and strategy are established, prioritized and addressed
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, performance bottlenecks, other issues or inefficiencies and work towards automating and fixing issues
- Create clear and concise documentation, share information and train team members across all towers
What skill, experience, and qualifications will you bring?
- Advanced or expert level Linux administration skills, performance tuning, system deployment, PXE boot, hardware configuration and management
- Hans-on experience with Linux based server deployment and services like Bind DNS, DHCP, LDAP, HAProxy
- Hans-on experience with Infrastructure tools like Foreman, Puppet, Ansible, Git, vCenter, ESXi, HAProxy, Bluecat Bind DNS, NLYTE
- Hans-on experience with scripting language and automating repeated tasks using (CSH, BASH, PYTHON) or any other programming language
- Solid understanding and experience in monitoring and alerting tools like PRTG, Nagios and other snmp based incident management
- Hands-on experience with vendor OEM operation tools like Dell OME, HP OneView and Fujitsu ISM
- Good understanding of database, MySQL database operational support, performance optimization updates and upgrades
- Experience with Information Technology Service Management tools like ServiceNow and Jira
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the generation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies. Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip containing our intellectual property. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, creative and highly hardworking people. By enabling a dynamic, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.