Senior Engineer - CPU PA VerificationApply now
Test Our Limits. Your Limits.
Every day the world invents something new to put our chips to the test. You can do the same. Because verification at Arm goes way, way beyond debugging – it’s solving the novel problems behind tech that barely exists yet. It’s working at the bleeding edge of machine learning, simulation software, model checking and hardware prototyping systems. It’s thinking the unthinkable and being sure we’re ready for it.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Today, ARM is well recognized as the market leader in the CPU and System IP industry and this has been achieved by consistently delivering reliable and high quality IP products. The cost of design and manufacturing is high and that warrants “right first time” approach for all IP and System products. Time-to-market is essential for our partners to take care of steadfast competition in the marketplace, being first would enable them to get premium value from the end products. In this context, Design Verification of CPU IPs is an exciting challenge requiring an engineering abilities that is both broad and deep.
- Technical Contribution as part of Project teams to deliver effective Verification of Power related features in Arm CPU IPs
- Execution of the simulation based verification for Arm CPU.
- Effective interpersonal skills, as most of the partners are cross site, in terms of planning, reviews, status updates and meetings, as well as delivery against expectation
- Able to provide appropriate timescales for work assigned and assist in project planning by providing appropriate inputs to the specifications.
- Maintain a proficient knowledge of company processes in order to work constructively within given standards and methodologies
- Chip in for efficiency improvement on verification tools and methodologies
- Continue to invest in interpersonal development, mentor junior team members for career development
- Good university Degree in Microelectronics, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Other Science graduates would be considered if they have relevant experience.
- 5-8 years of proven experience in an IP/SOC product development environment, preferably in power verification.
- Experience with Design Verification standard methodologies and understanding of system Verilog-UVM based TestBench.
- Experience with developing sequences to verify function features of IP..
- Familiar with instruction driven verification of processors based on Assembler or C/C++.
- Familiar with Microprocessor and/or SoC Architecture and micro Architecture, preferably Arm processors and Arm processor-based systems
- Familiar with Power Aware verification flows and standard methodologies
- Languages: Verilog, System Verilog, C/C++, Assembler, Perl, Ruby, Python
- Experience of Arm based System Designs, Knowledge of CPU, Power domains and hierarchical memory system
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to surpass ordinary and craft extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
More About Arm
You know us. With 125 Arm-powered products shipped every second, we'll be in over a trillion smart devices by 2035. Your smartphone, award-winning VR gaming, the world's fastest supercomputer – our engineers are crafting the sophisticated core processors owning the race towards a connected, autonomous, hyper-performance future.
So, we promise you endless exciting opportunities to experiment and go even further in CPU IP design! From a highly efficient M-class processor to a safe R-class CPU and performance targeted A-class CPU.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.