Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer
Do you want to help Arm and its partners build outstanding products using groundbreaking techniques? The engineering platform is key to Arm’s business, with the infrastructure having a profound impact on the efficiency and effectiveness of the development teams.
As Cloud DevOps Engineer within Enterprise IT / Infrastructure & Engineering group, you will help automate and implement innovative services, infrastructure, and high performance compute to the engineering community within Arm as well as help our team mature DevOps practices. This will be achieved through build, integrate, testing and support activities, including but not limited to:
- Build scalable and efficient large cloud infrastructure through automation and IaC
- Build and maintain highly available production systems
- Develop, test, review code and maintain internal Cloud applications
- Solve incidents, identify root causes, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures
Skills, experience and qualifications needed:
- Minimum 5 years consistent track record as a Cloud DevOps Engineer with a background in, Azure (eg. Azure AD, AAD Connect, Azure Storage)
- Microsoft Azure certification
- Ability to develop in PowerShell
- Strong experience in running production infrastructure as a code with Terraform
- Experience working in a Software Development environment
- Good understanding of Networking and solving (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN)
- Customer-facing experience; you need to be confident and credible in front of a customer and express sophisticated ideas clearly
- Problem solving skills with a solid understanding of fault logging, tracking and resolution
- Attention to detail and ability to co-ordinate cross-organisation problem solving
- Ability to prioritise and handle your own workload
- Ability to present and communicate the architecture in a visual form
- Strong IT operational support skills
- Highly proficient interpersonal skills.
Skills, experience and qualifications desired:
- Experience with an additional public cloud provider, eg. AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience with Python or Java
- Landing Zone experience
- System Administration experience with Linux or Windows
- Experience with DevOps techniques such as building a CI/CD pipeline from scratch and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles
- Meaningful experience in a distributed team
- Working in a sophisticated, multi-geography, engineering services environment
- Providing technical support and mentoring to others.
At Arm, we are guided by our Core Beliefs that reflect our culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape the extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an integrationaccommodation.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.