Principal Field Application Engineer
Principal Field Application Engineer
Location: Bangalore, India
Are you an experienced FAE – a self-starter who loves to continually learn and keep up with the latest developments in microprocessor and System-On-Chip development technologies?
We have an exciting new opportunity for you to join Arm’s FAE team as a Principal Field Applications Engineer! You will be helping Arm’s Partners choose the best building blocks for tomorrow’s Microcontrollers and SoC devices designed in India!
About Arm EMEAI Sales team
The FAE team is part of Arm’s EMEAI Sales organization, which is made up of Partner Managers and Field Applications Engineers. We are a diverse team, spread across the region with a presence in the UK, France, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Israel and India. We work with hundreds of innovative chip design companies across our region to help them acquire the leading-edge IP components that they then integrate into new chip designs which will power the Consumer, Infrastructure, Industrial and Automotive electronic products of the future.
The Field Application Engineer (FAE) is reporting to FAE Director, and working under the business direction of India Partner Managers. He/she provides technical pre-sales support to develop and win new licensing and design-in opportunities in India. The FAE is also responsible for handling (but not performing) the post-sales support provided by the Applications Engineering team to his/her customers.
It is important that the FAE builds professional relationships with the engineers, architects, and decision-makers at his/her customers, as well as with internal resources of the company. It is also important that the FAE can create, report, and execute on key account strategies aimed at growing Arm’s business within these partners and customers.
As part of the EMEAI Field Application Engineering Team, the FAE will also participate in defining new products or services to meet the needs of Arm customers. The FAE is expected to maintain a high standard of technical knowledge in relation to Arm and its products, services, and competitors.
- Present and demonstrate technical details of all Arm products and services to customers
- Provide technical support in pre-sales opportunities
- Identify licensing and design win opportunities
- Provide appropriate product recommendations to meet customer requirements
- Provide system design expertise and first pass architectural planning for products in early design stages
Critical Success Factors:
- Full understanding of customer business and technical development plans
- High level of knowledge of Arm products and services
- Development of strong relationships with assigned Partner managers, as well as Marketing, Engineering, and Applications Engineering teams
- University degree (or equivalent) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science.
- Some experience of supporting or designing IP products or EDA related technologies is required
- Microprocessors, Physical IPs, SoC design, operating systems, and systems software knowledge
- Understanding of the hardware and software design process including relevant tools
- Understanding of Arm products
- Some experience of Technical Support, Field Application Engineer or customer interaction.
- Dynamic, self-starting individual with the ability to excite and instil confidence in customers about Arm and Arm’s technology
- Ability to work in a multinational environment
- Good organizational skills and strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills
- Good presentation skills, able to clearly express technical concepts
- Willingness to take ownership of a problem and obtain solutions
- Enthusiastic, open minded, reliable, innovative
- Positive, “can do” attitude
- Self-motivated, dependable, and prompt
- Good communicator, personable
- Able to work and communicate at a detailed or a high level, as situation requires
- Willing to undertake extensive travel worldwide as needed
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.