Arm’s Legal Operations Commercial team in Bangalore is looking for qualified candidates for the position of Corporate Counsel role. The Legal Operations Commercial team is part of Arm Legal’ s Corporate and Legal Operations team. This role will manage a high volume of varied non-contentious work including drafting and negotiating non-disclosure and technology license agreements. The job will involve supporting other members of the global legal team and interaction with commercial personnel internally at Arm and at Arm’s customers.
- Review, draft and negotiate variety of contracts, including non-disclosure agreements, evaluation of license agreements (limited use licenses), Procurement agreements and other standard and non-standard agreements
- Become familiar with Arm standard contractual language and act as point of escalation during review process when required
- Ensure reviews are completed in accordance with established processes and guidelines
- Collaborate extensively with other lawyers and senior stakeholders within Arm
- Highlight effectively risks and issues to appropriate levels
Essential Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in law (LL. B) from a reputed University in India or Abroad
- Experience of drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and managing contracts
- Sound understanding of general commercial principles and industry practices
- Experience of working in a fast-paced office environment
- Must possess strong organizational skills, ability to work logically and methodically, spot trends and escalate appropriately
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously, as well as in a team
- Ability to priorities own workload, multi-task, and work to deadlines
- Willingness to be flexible
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliable and able to work well under pressure
- High attention to detail essential
- Aptly handle sensitive and confidential information
- Good IT skills, especially in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other databases
- Good team player, with a pro-active attitude in driving issues through to conclusion
- Ability to travel internationally is important
Desired skills and Experience
- 3 - 4 years of experience in contract management including drafting, review and negotiation of NDAs, Software licensing agreements and Limited Use/ Evaluation Licenses
- Previous experience in a similar role within an in-house legal team would be an advantage
- Experience in technology (software) licensing.
- Experience in facilitating legal trainings
- Experience in working across cultures and time zones
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.