Job header section
job navigation section
Start Your Career at Arm
Got a love for coding? Hardware design? IT project management? We're with you. Whatever you want to do, do it at the highest level. Arm is the driving force behind 70% of technology used by the world’s population – from your smartphone to VR headsets to the world’s fastest supercomputer. You'll master your craft while working with the biggest names in tech.
At the same time, your training and development will be second to none. We put our trust in you to work on big, global projects because you'll have our world-class mentors on your side, giving you just the right combination of freedom and support. And you'll also have your own development roadmap which you can pair with your choice workshops to take the skills you want to expert levels.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
This is a great opportunity to join Arm's Silicon Solutions Test Team working with emerging process technologies and the latest 2.5D and 3D packaging innovations. The test team works closely with IP, SoC Design, Product and Systems teams throughout the company, to represent test engineering and drive test capability development within Arm. You will play a key role in preparing Arm and our partners for how to address production challenges in areas like 2.5D/3DIC and sub-3nm nodes. The role requires hardworking engineering focus across areas such as: test strategy, ATE SW/HW planning/execution, silicon bring-up/characterization/production, and test data capture/correctness/reporting.
- Drive test strategy development for upcoming silicon projects
- Implement first silicon bring-up on ATE, reporting daily progress across the organization
- Develop/implement ATE characterization plan
- Owns ATE test program development, including:
- Test method source code for test types (ATPG/Scan, MBIST, Functional, etc)
- Test flow development, including implementation of binning strategy
- Test program revision control framework (ie SVN, git, etc)
- Pattern conversion flow
- Guide ATE test HW development (in collaboration with vendors), including wafer probe card, loadboard/socket, and thermal control interface
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Expert knowledge of ATE (Advantest 93k preferred) test program development, including areas of test method/flow development, test bring-up, characterization, debug, and production
- Knowledge in areas of DFT (Scan, MBIST, PHY BIST, etc), silicon fabrication process, product qualification, and packaging
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience in end-to-end project execution, from architecture to production release
- Strong project leadership skills to manage external vendors and drive cross-functional teams
- 8+ years of experience in semiconductor product development, including bring-up, characterization, and production
- University degree in Electronic Engineering or Computer Engineering
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Proficient in Unix, C++, Python, SmarTest, SmartRDI
- Proficient in data analysis techniques and tools, such as excel, Tableau, JMP, YieldExplorer, etc
- Experience with:
- IEEE 1149, 1500, 1687, 1838
- Streaming Scan Network (SSN), scan diagnostics, failure analysis techniques
- Test/bring-up of Arm IP such as: Cortex CPUs, Mali GPUs, AMBA protocols, CoreLink interconnects, CoreSight debug
- STIL pattern conversion techiques/tools
- Test of 2.5D and 3D System-in-Package (SiP)
- Knowledge of active thermal management
- Ability to work both collaboratively on a team and independently
- Innovative mentality
- Hard-working and excellent time management skills with an ability to multi-task
- An upbeat approach to working on challenging projects on the forefront of technology
- Communicate effectively across teams and sites in different geographies and time zones
- Good analytical and debug skills with a “figure it out” mentality
Arm® is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital IP products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by ARM Partners who have shipped billions of Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly skilled engineering professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our individual culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to "defy ordinary and craft outstanding". These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus – A tendency to put your partners and customers first, by understanding their needs and striving to achieve good outcomes.
- Teamwork and communication – Ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development – Take time to drive and own your development, and encouraging team members to do the same.
- Impact and influence – Listen to perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises – Demonstrate a can-do attitude and work towards overcoming obstacles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. We empower groups/teams to determine their hybrid working pattern, with an expected minimum attendance in the office of 20% per month, depending on the work, level of experience and team’s needs. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution.
Life at Arm
There's an open and casual atmosphere here that's so characteristic of Arm. We build spaces for continuous learning and creative expression. No matter the level of person you're approaching, they're always ready for a down-to-earth conversation. And it's easy to make friends with such a diverse network of graduates, interns, part-time undergraduates and apprentices all sticking together. Because diversity is essential to how we innovate – one reason why we're promoting more women into leadership positions.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries, and applications. So much so, there's virtually never a time or place we're not with you.