Job header section
Senior Verification Engineer
job navigation section
Hardware at Arm
You know us. With 125 Arm-powered products shipped every second, we'll be in a over a trillion smart devices by 2035. Your smartphone, award-winning VR gaming, the world's fastest supercomputer – our engineers are designing the advanced core processors leading the race towards a connected, autonomous, hyper-performance future.
So, we promise you endless opportunities to experiment and go even further in hardware. From advanced core implementation to full custom physical IPs, here you'll have our backing to push limits in vital areas such as memory, IO and logic.
One benefit we're really proud of is FlexPot; a sum of money on top of your salary (which is the same value regardless of your seniority) which you can use for charitable giving, development or your personal wellbeing. Ready to start that French language course you've always wanted to do? Or are you a keen gym-goer and want to use it for a membership? There's lots different of ways to enjoy your Flexpot.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service. You could even combine your FlexPot allowance with your sabbatical and volunteer overseas!
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
About the role
We are searching for a talented and experienced Verification Engineer to join the Architecture and Technology team at the ARM Austin Design Center. As an Engineer with the Verification Enablement team, you will collaborate closely with senior members of multiple processor design verification teams, both inside and outside of ARM, to verify next-generation microprocessors and system IP. And, you will work alongside RIS developers to define, develop, and improve processor verification infrastructure and methods to support the latest architectural innovations. If you are looking for an environment where you can make a significant contribution, collaborate with a talented team that employs leading-edge verification technologies and methodologies to ensure the highest quality products: then we want to hear from you.
What will I be accountable for?
- Maintain RTL builds across multiple designs and configurations
- Triage top-level RTL fails to root cause
- Work with RIS developers and Infrastructure team to optimize bug hunting regression flows
- Execution of CPU DV with focus on improvement of IP quality, stress testing and bug hunting
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other relevant technical discipline
- 2+ years industry experience in pre-silicon verification, testbenches, modelling, or hardware design
- Experience in writing/debugging assembly-based tests
- Solid understanding of computer architecture fundamentals
- Experience with scripting languages (preferably Python or Perl)
- Experience with a hardware verification language (System Verilog)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with instruction driven verification of processors based on CPU Assembly or C/C++
- Experience with ARM architecture
- Experience with functional coverage methodologies and EDA tools
- Experience with object-oriented programming language (C++, Java, etc.)
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
ARM® is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by ARM Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and current ARM employees are treated, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status or disability, or other factors protected by federal, state or local laws. As part of our continuing commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, ARM has an Affirmative Action Program for females, minorities, individuals with disability, Vietnam-era veterans, special disabled veterans and other protected veterans. This plan reflects our policy of hiring and promoting individuals based on ability and potential and without regard to those facts that have no bearing on the execution of job responsibilities.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.