Staff Methodology Engineer
Arm is seeking a highly motivated and experienced methodology engineer to join our Productivity Engineering Hardware group and drive solutions to optimize our IP and System development processes. Our group develops automation flows to improve development efficiency and enable earlier delivery of high-quality products. This is a great opportunity for someone with consistent track record of flow automation.
You will join an innovative team passionate about developing and improving the tools and workflows that Arm uses to create IP and Systems for our partners all around the world! You will be constantly challenged to come up with innovative solutions to interesting problems. If you are successful, your solutions will be used by multiple teams across Arm, and have an impact across the engineering organization.
- Be responsible for the development and support of innovative methodology solutions using Machine-Readable Specifications and flow automation.
- Develop creative, exciting and pragmatic solutions to engaging problems.
- Work closely with solution architects and IP/system product teams to define, develop and deploy solutions
- Develop solutions, features and functionality through an Agile development process and iterative release process, to a consistently high-quality level
Required Skills & Experience
To be considered for this position, you should have:
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering
- 7+ years industry experience in the design, verification or automation of CPU, GPU, System IP, SoC.
- Experience in developing, testing, delivering, and maintaining software solutions
- Good experience in Python programming
- Passion, creativity and outstanding interpersonal skills
"Nice to have" Skills and Experience
- IP-XACT (IEEE-1685) awareness
- Good knowledge of both hardware and software domains
- Exposure to hardware synthesis flows
- A high level of pro-activity and initiative
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus
- Collaboration and communication
- Creativity and innovation
- Team and personal development
- Impact and influence
- Deliver on your promises
Accommodations at Arm
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things. If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. Within that framework, we empower groups and teams to determine their own particular hybrid working pattern, depending on the work and the team’s needs. Details of what this means for each role will be shared upon application. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution. Please talk to us to find out more about what this could look like for you.