Staff HPC Engineer
The IT Infrastructure and Engineering group provides the high-performance compute environment that fuels product and solutions development for Arm's engineering community. Whether it’s high-performance compute (HPC) on Arm’s on-prem infrastructure and/or in the cloud, Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools, or customized software tools and workflows, the products, and services we deliver are used by every engineer in Arm.
Working closely with technical leads, technical managers, project managers, and engineering teams across TSOG you will be a motivator in providing automated project solutions, supporting daily ticket systems for common technical issues, and being core resources for high visibility projects which supply to making our services secure, resilient, and apply the latest technologies.
Required Skills and Experience :
- Solid understanding on Linux OS fundamentals, solving and performance tuning
- Collaborate with internal and external partners in technology and product groups
- Contribute to application projects
- Good understanding of HPC infrastructure and applications
- Strong scripting skills (Bash, Shell, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, Artifactory, and/or Continuous Integration (CI) applications
- Experience with cloud technologies in AWS and/or Google Cloud
- Good understanding and experience in infrastructure and application monitoring and alerting tools
- Exposure to HPC applications like Flex based Licenses, EDA tools and jobs schedulers like LSF
- Good understanding about remote display and interactive technologies like ETX
- Strong skills with Vulnerability Management and security patching of constantly evolving environment
- Skills and demeanor on automating common repetitive tasks
- Define the vision and priorities for multiple open source software activities which support the Arm architecture and our processor IP.
- Work closely with cross-discipline architects and technology leads, directly engaging with internal and external development teams
- Work with the complete value chain of end customers, manufacturers, and designers of hardware, software and systems to collect and translate market requirements into software architecture
- Perform competitive analysis to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the Arm systems
- Support our go-to-market and product teams, including participating in customer meetings, sales meetings, and training
- Experience of clearly documenting systems.
- Understanding of ITIL, including incident management, organizational change and configuration management.
- Strong alignment to agreed deadlines while maintaining a focus on quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Pro-active, attention to detail and self-motivated in meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both unsupervised and as part of a global distributed team.
- BS required with MS/MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of confirmed experience in marketing, business analysis, project management
- Highly motivated problem solver with ability to work across teams to build consensus
- Bring creative ideas and new perspectives
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Worked in a sophisticated, multi-geography, engineering services environment
- Provided technical support to engineering user community
- You are driven to share success through relationship and coalition building. You see your own success through the progress of our extended team.
- Your experience includes the creation, management, and delivery of technical requirements. As examples, you may have been a product owner, architect, technical engineering manager or product manager.
- Monitoring and response to network alerts and incidents, updating known error and workaround database and problem logs.
- Working as part of a distributed team. Taking ownership of outstanding incidents at the start of the day and sharing work ideas.
- Making sure monitoring, site documentation and configuration are all accurate and up to date.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. We empower groups/teams to determine their hybrid working pattern, with an expected minimum attendance in the office of 20% per month, depending on the work, level of experience and team’s needs. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution.