Job header section
Software Engineer – IP Tooling
job navigation section
Hardware at Arm
You know us. With 125 Arm-powered products shipped every second, we'll be in a over a trillion smart devices by 2035. Your smartphone, award-winning VR gaming, the world's fastest supercomputer – our engineers are designing the advanced core processors leading the race towards a connected, autonomous, hyper-performance future.
So, we promise you endless opportunities to experiment and go even further in hardware. From advanced core implementation to full custom physical IPs, here you'll have our backing to push limits in vital areas such as memory, IO and logic.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
A Software Engineer in Arm's Central Engineering Systems Group doesn’t just create software solutions—they help define the future of Systems Products which include IP, platforms, and tools. Improving ease of use of ARM IP by designing tooling which puts the user first is a key goal for the Interconnect Design Automation and Simulation (IDEAS) team. We’d like you to join us.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer who will contribute to all aspects of the software lifecycle. The primary responsibility is developing tools for configuring and building interconnect IP that forms the foundation of the latest SOC designs based on Arm processor technology. Additional responsibilities include integrating and aligning tooling with other part the SoC tooling flow, as well as collaborating with engineers using the tooling in SoC projects.
Your responsibilities include:
· Specifying, implementing, testing and releasing tooling for our next-generation interconnects, in collaboration with the rest of the IDEAS team and the IP design team.
· Designing clean, intuitive, UIs and UX flows, that allow users (both internal and external) to configure, verify, simulate, tune, and instantiate their interconnect IP
· In conjunction with our performance modelling engineers, specify and/or create the tools and platform for system level modelling and simulation workflows.
· Contributing both as an individual and a key member of our IP tooling team
· Develop team members and mentor more junior ones
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
· The ability to demonstrate that you can express new insights and communicate them effectively
· Evident skills and experience in solving complex software engineering challenges, including ability to work on multiple software projects concurrently
· Possess a high level of dedication, initiative, logical analysis and problem-solving skills
· Background in software development in connection with the delivery of hardware and/or IP projects, including tools, embedded software, workflow automation, hardware design automation (EDA or EDA-like software)
· Familiarity with version control software (git)
· Knowledge around Arm-based SoCs and/or Arm development tools/platforms
· Knowledge and experience with AMBA Interconnect protocols
· Experience with tools and platforms for continuous integration and delivery
· Exposure to Agile concepts, as they apply to IP design.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape outstanding:
We, not I
· No individual has all the answers. Brilliance is collective
· Information is crucial, share it
· Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
· Our differences are our strength
· Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
· Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
· Progress can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be your best self
· Be quirky not egocentric!
· Make trust our default position
· Hold strong opinions lightly
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.