SoC Verification EngineerApply now
Test Our Limits. Your Limits.
Every day the world invents something new to put our chips to the test. You can do the same. Because verification at Arm goes way, way beyond debugging – it’s solving the novel problems behind tech that barely exists yet. It’s working at the bleeding edge of machine learning, simulation software, model checking and hardware prototyping systems. It’s thinking the unthinkable and being sure we’re ready for it.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
About the Role
Our Systems Development team designs subsystems for various application segments, using the latest IP products from Arm and other vendors. We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic SoC Verification Engineer to join the team and help develop these systems.
As a SoC Verification Engineer you will contribute to the specification, design and verification of various compute subsystems. You will join a small team of hardworking engineers in Austin, as well as collaborate with multiple other groups inside of Arm to verify the functionality of our subsystem products.
Would you love a wider exposure across multiple IP products? Do you want an opportunity to work globally with various internal teams to deliver systems optimized for performance and power?
What will I be accountable for
- As a creative verification engineer with a knowledge of subsystems and SoCs you will be part of a team tasked with verifying functional correctness of compute subsystems.
- You will work with the project team to understand and review the subsystem architecture and design specifications, and to build a functional verification strategy.
- Your key responsibilities will include crafting test plans, developing SystemVerilog/Verilog testbenches and tests, and debugging of test failures and issues.
- You will also contribute to developing and improving the verification methodologies used by the team.
- You'll work closely with other teams on the design microarchitecture, verification methodologies, system performance, etc.
- You will balance other opportunities such as working with Project Management on activities, plans, and schedules
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
In addition to bringing your accomplishment of either Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering (or similar field) plus 5-10 years of experience working in design or verification of sophisticated compute subsystems or SoCs, you will need:
- Solid understanding of digital hardware design and Verilog HDL.
- A detailed understanding and experience of the current verification strategies required for complex SoC development, including software-based techniques
- Good knowledge of test plan creation and tracking
- Low-level programming experience including C and Assembler
- Experience with Perl, Python or other scripting language
What would give my candidacy an edge?
- Experience with ARM-based designs and/or ARM System Architectures
- Experience with SystemVerilog and verification methodologies – UVM/OVM/e
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented programming concepts.
- Experience or knowledge in the following areas
- Formal verification techniques
- Clock domain crossing verification
- Power aware verification
- Porting peripheral driver software
Arm is at the heart of the world's most ground breaking digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of goods.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and develop extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is essential, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be upbeat not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organization of dedicated, innovative and highly hardworking engineers. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.