SoC Design EngineerApply now
Piece Together The World’s Most Powerful Puzzle
This world has a design. It’s infinite yet discoverable. Small yet powerful. Our design engineers must all at once predict it and create it. From implementation of the most advanced CPU, GPU and HPC processors on the planet to dreaming up every eventuality that could put our SoC and system IP to the test, we puzzle over the biggest questions of our time. And microarchitect the future.
Multiple roles available with leveling based on experience!
Our Systems Development team designs subsystems for various application segments, using the latest IP products from Arm and other vendors. We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic SoC Design Engineer to join the team and help develop these systems. As a SoC Design Engineer you will contribute to the specification, design and verification of various compute subsystems. You will join a small team of dedicated engineers in Austin, as well as collaborate with multiple other groups inside of Arm to design our subsystem products.
Would you love a wider exposure across multiple IP products? Do you want an opportunity to work globally with various internal teams to deliver systems optimized for performance and power? Then we want to speak with you!
- As a creative design engineer with a knowledge of subsystems and SoCs you will be part of a team integrating IP and developing logic for subsystems.
- You'll work with the project team to understand and review the subsystem architecture, and develop the design specifications, verification team to review test plans, and help debug design issues as well as the performance analysis team to evaluate and improve subsystem performance.
- Your key responsibilities will include writing micro-architecture specifications, developing the RTL, fixing bugs and running various design checks.
- You are going to contribute to developing and enhancing the design methodologies used by the team where they will guide and support other members of the team as needed to enable the successful completion of project activities plus balance other opportunities such as working with Project Management on activities, plans, and schedules
Required Skills & Experience:
In addition to bringing your accomplishment of either Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering or a similar related field and 5-10 years experience working in design of complex compute subsystems or SoCs, you will need:
- Strong knowledge of digital hardware design and Verilog HDL.
- A detailed understanding and experience of the current design techniques for complex SoC development.
- Experience creating design specifications
- Good knowledge of logic development using Verilog
- Experience with Perl, Python or other scripting language
"Nice to Have" Skills and Experience:
- Experience with ARM-based designs and/or ARM System Architectures
- Experience with SystemVerilog and verification methodologies – UVM/OVM/e
- Experience leading small teams or projects
- Experience or knowledge in the following areas
- Synthesis and timing analysis
- Static design checks, including CDC, RDC, X-Propagation, Linting
- Power management techniques
- PCIe subsystems for large SoCs and server applications
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus
- Collaboration and communication
- Creativity and innovation
- Team and personal development
- Impact and influence
- Deliver on your promises
We offer a hybrid approach to home and office working to provide an adaptable experience for all employees. We expect some working time to be spent in office, to promote a strong collaborative environment with good team integration but are accommodating to different home working requirements.
Accommodations at Arm
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things. If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. We empower groups/teams to determine their hybrid working pattern, with an expected minimum attendance in the office of 20% per month, depending on the work, level of experience and team’s needs. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.