SoC Design EngineerApply now
Piece Together The World’s Most Powerful Puzzle
This world has a design. It’s infinite yet discoverable. Small yet powerful. Our design engineers must all at once predict it and create it. From implementation of the most advanced CPU, GPU and HPC processors on the planet to dreaming up every eventuality that could put our SoC and system IP to the test, we puzzle over the biggest questions of our time. And microarchitect the future.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
About the Role
Our Systems Development team designs subsystems for various application segments, using the latest IP products from Arm and other vendors. We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic SoC Design Engineer to join the team and help develop these systems. As a SoC Design Engineer you will contribute to the specification, design and verification of various compute subsystems.
You will join a small team of dedicated engineers in Austin, as well as collaborate with multiple other groups inside of Arm to design our subsystem products. Would you love a wider exposure across multiple IP products? Do you want an opportunity to work globally with various internal teams to deliver systems optimized for performance and power?
What will I be accountable for
- As a creative design engineer with a knowledge of subsystems and SoCs you will be part of a team integrating IP and developing logic for subsystems.
- You will work with the project team to understand and review the subsystem architecture, and develop the design specifications.
- Your key responsibilities will include writing micro-architecture specifications, developing the RTL, fixing bugs and running various design checks.
- You will work with the verification team to review test plans, and help debug design issues.
- You will work with the performance analysis team to evaluate and improve subsystem performance.
- You will also contribute to developing and enhancing the design methodologies used by the team.
- You will guide and support other members of the team as needed to enable the successful completion of project activities.
- You will balance other opportunities such as working with Project Management on activities, plans, and schedules
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
In addition to bringing your accomplishment of either a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering or a similar related field and 5-10 years experience working in design of complex compute subsystems or SoCs, you will need:
- Strong knowledge of digital hardware design and Verilog HDL.
- A thorough understanding and experience of the current design techniques for complex SoC development.
- Experience creating design specifications
- Good knowledge of logic development using Verilog
- Experience with Perl, Python or other scripting language
Some other experience that can help you succeed in this role:
- Experience with ARM-based designs and/or ARM System Architectures
- Experience with SystemVerilog and verification methodologies – UVM/OVM/e
- Experience leading small teams or projects
- Experience or knowledge in the following areas
- Synthesis and timing analysis
- Static design checks, including CDC, RDC, X-Propagation, Linting
- Power management techniques
- PCIe subsystems for large SoCs and server applications
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to surpass ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective!
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow!
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and lead your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.