Job header section
Senior Verification Engineer
job navigation section
Hardware at Arm
You know us. With 125 Arm-powered products shipped every second, we'll be in a over a trillion smart devices by 2035. Your smartphone, award-winning VR gaming, the world's fastest supercomputer – our engineers are designing the advanced core processors leading the race towards a connected, autonomous, hyper-performance future.
So, we promise you endless opportunities to experiment and go even further in hardware. From advanced core implementation to full custom physical IPs, here you'll have our backing to push limits in vital areas such as memory, IO and logic.
One benefit we're really proud of is FlexPot; a sum of money on top of your salary (which is the same value regardless of your seniority) which you can use for charitable giving, development or your personal wellbeing. Ready to start that French language course you've always wanted to do? Or are you a keen gym-goer and want to use it for a membership? There's lots different of ways to enjoy your Flexpot.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service. You could even combine your FlexPot allowance with your sabbatical and volunteer overseas!
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
The Arm CoreLink CMN-600 Coherent Mesh Network is designed for intelligent connected systems across a wide range of applications including networking infrastructure, storage, server, HPC, automotive, and industrial solutions. The highly scalable mesh is optimized for Armv8-A processors and can be customized across a wide range of performance points. Our Austin-based team drives the specification, planning and development of UVM based testbenches to verify current and next generation designs. Our team is responsible for verification of the complete interconnect solution including the transport layer, coherent interfaces, I/O bridges, registers and our coherent multichip link (CML).
What will I be accountable for?
As a Design Verification Engineer, you would be accountable for verification of one or more functional blocks at the unit or top level. Typical accountabilities include:
· Develop SystemVerilog/UVM based testbenches for unit/top level.
· Build and maintain detailed verification plans.
· Generate and run test cases on logic simulation models.
· Debug functional errors in the RTL model using simulation and debug tools with an in-depth understanding of the microarchitecture.
· Define and implement functional coverage.
· Analysis of data from simulation runs using machine learning and data science techniques to drive efficient bug discovery and debug.
· Promote and demonstrate the Arm Core Beliefs and Behaviors.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 4+ years experience in pre-silicon verification/RTL design.
- Multiprocessing microarchitecture experience including knowledge of cache coherence and bus protocols (e.g. AMBA5 CHI, AMBA4 ACE or AXI).
- Previous experience in specification, creation, and debug of System Verilog/UVM constrained-random testbenches.
- Proven software engineering skills including understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience with functional coverage driven verification methods.
- Excellent working knowledge of scripting languages such as Python or Perl
- Experience in Formal Verification testbenches is a plus.
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
· Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
· No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
· Information is crucial, share it
· Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
· Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
· Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
· Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
· The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
· Be quirky not egocentric
· Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.