Job header section
Senior/Staff DFT Engineer
job navigation section
Start Your Career at Arm
Got a love for coding? Hardware design? IT project management? We're with you. Whatever you want to do, do it at the highest level. Arm is the driving force behind 70% of technology used by the world’s population – from your smartphone to VR headsets to the world’s fastest supercomputer. You'll master your craft while working with the biggest names in tech.
At the same time, your training and development will be second to none. We put our trust in you to work on big, global projects because you'll have our world-class mentors on your side, giving you just the right combination of freedom and support. And you'll also have your own development roadmap which you can pair with your choice workshops to take the skills you want to expert levels.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Arm’s CE-Systems DFT team implements DFT for test chips and hard macros to prove out Arm soft IP power, performance, area, and functionality within the context of an SoC using the latest DFT and process technologies. The DFT team works closely with RTL, Verification, Physical Implementation, and Test engineering teams throughout the life cycle of a project, from an early investigation stage all the way through tape-out and silicon test/characterization on ATE.
Architect, implement, and validate innovative DFT techniques on test chips and hard macros. Insert DFT logic into SoC style designs at the RTL level and at the Synthesis gate level, validate all features, and generate ATE targeted test patterns to be run on silicon. Work closely with front-end design and verification teams on DFT RTL level insertion, back-end synthesis, place-and-route, and static-timing-analysis teams on DFT gate level insertion and timing closure, and Test and Debug teams on silicon characterization and validation.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- This role is for a Senior engineer with +5 years experience in DFT
- Experience coding Verilog RTL, TCL and/or Perl
- Proficient in Unix/Linux environments
- Core DFT skills considered crucial for this position should include some the following: Scan compression and insertion, Memory BIST, Logic BIST, JTAG/IJTAG, at-speed test, ATPG, fault simulation, back-annotated gate level verification, silicon debug
- Experience with Siemens, Cadence, and/or Synopsys DFT and simulation tools
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with IEEE 1149, 1500, 1687, 1838
- Static Timing Analysis
- Familiarity with SoC style architectures including multi-clock domain and low power design practices
- Working knowledge of Siemens DFT tools
- Familiarity with Arm IP like the following: Cortex CPUs, Mali GPUs, AMBA protocols, CoreLink interconnects, CoreSight debug
- Experience with 2.5D and 3D test
- Ability to work both collaboratively on a team and independently
- Innovative and a passion for progress
- Hard-working and excellent time management skills with an ability to multi-task
- An upbeat approach to working on challenging projects on the bleeding edge of technology
- Communicate effectively across teams and sites in different geographies and time zones
- Good analytical and debug skills with a “figure it out” mentality
University degree in Electronic Engineering or Computer Engineering
Desirable behaviors for this role
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our individual culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to "defy ordinary and craft outstanding". These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus – A tendency to put your partners and customers first, by understanding their needs and striving to achieve good outcomes.
- Teamwork and communication – Ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development – Take time to drive and own your development, and encouraging team members and our ecosystem partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence – Listen to perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises – Demonstrate a can-do attitude and work towards overcoming obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about the work.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. We empower groups/teams to determine their hybrid working pattern, with an expected minimum attendance in the office of 20% per month, depending on the work, level of experience and team’s needs. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution.
Life at Arm
There's an open and casual atmosphere here that's so characteristic of Arm. We build spaces for continuous learning and creative expression. No matter the level of person you're approaching, they're always ready for a down-to-earth conversation. And it's easy to make friends with such a diverse network of graduates, interns, part-time undergraduates and apprentices all sticking together. Because diversity is essential to how we innovate – one reason why we're promoting more women into leadership positions.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries, and applications. So much so, there's virtually never a time or place we're not with you.