Senior CPU Verification Engineer – DatapathApply now
Test Our Limits. Your Limits.
Every day the world invents something new to put our chips to the test. You can do the same. Because verification at Arm goes way, way beyond debugging – it’s solving the novel problems behind tech that barely exists yet. It’s working at the bleeding edge of machine learning, simulation software, model checking and hardware prototyping systems. It’s thinking the unthinkable and being sure we’re ready for it.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Arm processors are the brains in billions of diverse electronic devices. Our CPU group defines, designs, and validates all of Arm's processor IP and collaborates with the world's leading technology companies.
As a verification methodology engineer in the Austin-based CPU Verification team, you will help enabling the team of hard-working verification engineers to efficiently perform their responsibilities.
The job focuses on development of tools and improving the workflows used by the CPU engineering team, and you will work closely with designers and verification engineers in various Arm projects to enable our verification methodology throughout the company.
You will Analyze new data path RTL designs and underlying algorithms, develop abstract C models of these designs, establish equivalence between RTL and C with a commercial checker (SLEC), and formally verify correctness of the models with respect to a high-level architectural specification using the ACL2 theorem prover.
You will contribute to the infrastructure of our verification effort, on such example may be by improving interfaces with SLEC and ACL2. You'll also be able to potentially pursue applications of interactive theorem proving to other components of Arm processors. You will also work closely with other engineering and services teams within ARM to help them embrace the best solutions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- MS or BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Ability to demonstrate a strong ability for detailed mathematical reasoning and familiarity with floating-point arithmetic.
- Understanding of standard algorithms and techniques used in the implementation of elementary arithmetic operations
- C programming experience and a reading knowledge of basic Verilog.
- Ability to collaborate and contribute in a remote working environment.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated mathematical proofs
- Experience and demonstrated expertise in interactive theorem proving, especially in the use of ACL2
- Familiarity with commercial sequential logic equivalence checkers
- General knowledge of aspects of CPU/GPU microarchitecture, e.g., out-of-order execution and memory systems
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is important, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and lead your own progress
Be your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky, not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.