RTL Design EngineerApply now
Piece Together The World’s Most Powerful Puzzle
This world has a design. It’s infinite yet discoverable. Small yet powerful. Our design engineers must all at once predict it and create it. From implementation of the most advanced CPU, GPU and HPC processors on the planet to dreaming up every eventuality that could put our SoC and system IP to the test, we puzzle over the biggest questions of our time. And microarchitect the future.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
What will I be accountable for?
As an RTL Design Engineer, you would be accountable for one or more functional units of the Interconnect while working closely with performance modeling, validation, and implementation teams to meet all functional requirements and performance, power, area (PPA) goals. Typical accountabilities include:
- Understanding the high-level specification and requirements of functional units of Interconnect products.
- Define the Micro-architecture for an unit
- Develop Verilog RTL logic design for the unit
- Collaborate with verification team on the test plan development for the blocks and verification closure
- Debug functional or performance issues with the RTL using simulation and debug tools
- Analyze synthesis/timing reports, identify and address critical areas to meet the PPA targets
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Education BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Prior RTL design experience is required.
- Prior verification or CAD experience is a plus
An ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of work experience in microprocessor, SoC, memory controller and interconnect IP design.
- Experience with interconnect and bus architectures (with proficiency in IO acceleration, PCIe, system caching, QoS)
- CPU or compute subsystem memory micro-architecture.
- Knowledge of cache coherence and bus protocols (e.g. AMBA5 CHI, AMBA4 ACE or AXI) is a plus.
- Experience with Verilog or VHDL, coupled with design synthesis targeted to achieve specified frequency, power, and area targets
- Processor system knowledge including basic understanding of SoC systems as well as operating system software
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to surpass ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective!
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow!
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and lead your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.