Product Manager, Neoverse Platforms
Arm Neoverse Platforms provide the foundation for cloud-to-edge infrastructure from supercomputing to datacenters to the network and wireless edge. The Infrastructure business is in the midst of an exciting growth phase as the market is looking for new ways to combine compute, AI, networking and other acceleration elements to address and capitialize on the fifth wave of computing. The successful hire for this position will be driving innovation and identifying new opportunities for Arm.
Neoverse product management drive the technology that goes into building and deploying SoCs (system-on-chip) and are responsible for the product specification requirements, business planning, marketing, and promotion. The expected level of technical competence is very high with an in-depth understanding SoC architecture as the role requires close collaboration with engineering and architecture leads.
The product management role requires fast learning, highly effective communication and collaborative skills, experience creating crisp product collateral, and of course high integrity and a strong respect for information security. This role provides an opportunity to interact directly with the leading semiconductor manufacturers and some of the largest infrastructure OEMs, ODMs, and data center and telacomm operators.
If the challenge of working on high performance compute and SoC technology at the cutting-edge of the industry excites you, and you can meet the requirements, we look forward to receiving your application!
Overview of the role:
A Neoverse Product Manager is responsible for defining and marketing existing Arm processors, interconnect and system IP products. They will manage Neoverse products throughout their lifecycle, and will be measured on the quality of product collateral and the success in licensing and deployment of Arm technology in server and networking infrastructure markets. The role also involves market requirements capture and business planning, competitive industry analysis, creation and maintenance of marketing collateral, launch planning and execution, editor and analyst briefings, support of sales opportunities, and product setup in the internal database systems. The product manager will also ensure that the sales and FAE teams receive suitable product training and are equipped to sell effectively. They will also work with other Arm divisions, solution and go-to-market teams and third-parties to ensure the availability of complimentary SoC IP, tools, software support, and development platforms to provide a complete solution.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Development and management of collaborative relationships with Arm partners (customers) in conjunction with Account Managers (sales) to secure licensing commitments and key design wins.
- Development of collateral including presentations, white papers, social media content, recorded videos, and benchmarks for product showing strong value proposition for the products and their applicability in the context of Arm’s roadmap and customer applications.
- Development of strategies in conjunction with other Arm marketing groups to explore new markets or expand existing ones and secure key industry and OEM endorsements.
- Managing the Product lifecycle starting with product definition through approvals, development, release and maintenance.
- Define software required to enable product success, and drive Arm and 3rd party engineering delivery against requirements.
- Support for the sales and application engineering teams. The product manager is expected to become extremely knowledgeable on the product and to stand in for the engineering team when necessary. The product manager is responsible for supporting sales directly and for training the applications engineering force.
- Collaboration with other Arm divisions and third-parties to ensure a complete eco-system around the product.
- Planning and execution of marketing communications activities with Arm Marcom to encompass press and analyst briefings, product launches, conference presentations and technology demonstrations.
Education & Qualifications
- University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent. MBA may be helpful if transitioning directly from an engineering role into product management.
Essential Skills & Experience
- In-depth knowledge of microprocessor design and the semiconductor market
- Understanding SoC hardware design and system software
- Broad experience in a technical sales or marketing role
- Strong engineering background and degree level qualification
- Willingness for occasional travel to meet with customers and colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills in English
- Experience with customer interaction of a technical nature – ideally in a field applications or technical support role - as well as development work.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience writing business plans and commercial justifications
- Experience of embedded systems development in one or more of the following: software coding (C or C++), Linux or Android development, debugging, testing.
- Professional experience with SoC design.
- Understanding of implementation and process technology
- Knowledge of RISC CPU architectures
- Knowledge of EDA flows for implementation, system and software development
- Understanding of SoC firmware and upper layer software stacks a plus
- Capable of working as a team player or independently
- Highly motivated, reliable
- High degree of initiative and a proven problem solver
- Good communicator, personable and able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to surpass ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective!
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow!
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and lead your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.