Principal Product Engineer
Arm has a great opportunity for a Principal Product Engineer in our Product Engineering team. You will work with Architecture, SoC Design, Validation, Test, System, Software, and Quality teams throughout the company, to guide manufacturability of pioneering designs across foundry/assembly and own the manufacturing flow across ATE and SLT. You will play a key role in preparing Arm and our partners on how to introduce new products in areas such as 2.5D/3DIC and sub-3nm nodes. The role drives industry leading products from pre-si readiness through post-si bring-up. The role requires hardworking product engineering focus on power, performance, cost and manufacturability.
- Work with line-of-business and architecture teams to understand product requirements.
- Own technical pre/post silicon operations cross product engineering aligning cross-functionally with design, packaging, software, silicon validation, test and quality.
- Be the point of contact for Product Engineering team for multi-functional collaborators.
- Work with partners on enhancing yield and characterization methodologies, using integrated sensor frameworks and yield mitigation strategies.
- Own post-silicon manufacturing test flow, yield improvement, silicon and package reliability qualification, PVTF characterization and electrical failure analysis on ATE/SLT.
- Drive ATE to system correlation of Sensors, VF across PVT, Vmin/Fmax char and fusing.
- Up to 20% travel within US and internationally for company and partner meetings.
Required Skills and Experience :
- Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, with a strong CPU, SOC or GPU silicon bring-up and product engineering background.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in product engineering, including manufacturing test, yield improvement, silicon characterization and reliability qualification.
- Broad expertise in structural/functional test concepts and DFT / SW diagnostics concepts (Scan, BIST, Sensors, functional on ATE and bare metal, application on SLT).
- Strong understanding of device physics, digital/mixed-signal design, foundry and assembly process and CPU/GPU/SoC power and performance dependencies.
- Proficiency in IC data tools such as Silicon.da/Optimal+, JMP and data log parsing scripts.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Experience in SOC Design and/or DFT.
- Experience in high speed IO.
- Software scripting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and open in engaging and learning new concepts and sharing with collaborators.
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape outstanding.
- Partner and customer focus
- Teamwork and communication
- Creativity and innovation
- Team and personal development
- Impact and influence
- Deliver on your promises
Accommodations at Arm
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things. If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. Within that framework, we empower groups and teams to determine their own particular hybrid working pattern, depending on the work and the team’s needs. Details of what this means for each role will be shared upon application. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution. Please talk to us to find out more about what this could look like for you.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.