Job header section
job navigation section
Internships at Arm
Most people know Arm and the scale at which our advanced core processors are changing the world. But not everyone knows our name. They do know our partners, though. Because those tiny processors are a driving force behind the biggest names in tech. Not only in Silicon Valley, but 70% of technology used by the world’s population – from your smartphone to the world’s fastest supercomputer.
What better place to get an internship? We put our trust in you to work on big, global projects because you'll have our world-class mentors on your side, giving you just the right combination of freedom and support. And what if you want to focus on becoming an expert in certain skills? We're with you there too – creating your own development roadmap paired with your choice workshops.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
About the role
Arm is looking for a remarkable system performance modeling and analysis architect to join the Worldwide system IP Performance team. You will work closely with IP and systems teams across Arm to help define high-performance systems incorporating current and next generation Arm Processors, scalable coherent interconnects, and high-bandwidth memory controllers. This is an unusual opportunity to work through the brilliance of our Arm team members.
What will you be accountable for?
- SoC Model Partner Enabling: Work closely with arm IP modeling and tooling teams in integrating solutions for partners to do SoC level performance analysis. Guide partners in making optimal decisions on their system usages while continuously improving the workload coverage with the SoC models. Help partners resolve performance and tool bottlenecks in driving the needed performance analysis.
- SoC model integration evolution: drive integration of the arm IP models into various tools used in delivering the models to partners and drive continuous improvement and efficiency in delivery and partner support to evolve the state of the art. Create advanced collateral to drive self-sufficiency in the usage of delivered models by collaborating with and enabling internal and external teams.
- System level performance analysis support: Use system level performance models of SoC to do analysis for several usages, understand results of projections, and provide feedback to partners and arm IP teams on using tools and right experiments for performance analysis while helping them debug any issues using system models
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with a strong computer architecture, microarchitecture, performance
- Analysis and debug background
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in performance modeling and analysis of SoC systems with emphasis on debugging performance bottlenecks and providing effective solutions.
- Strong at C++ programming for large-scale software development and experience with
- Proficiency in debug, build, use of tools, and Perl or Python scripting language
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and open in engaging and learning new concepts and sharing with collaborators.
What are the desired requirements for this role?
- Knowledge of SystemC Transaction Level Modeling and commercial performance modeling tools like Platform Architect would be a plus
- Experience with performance tools-their deployment, limitations, and large scale usages
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our diverse organization and guide our decisions. Our beliefs define how we work together to surpass ordinary and craft outstanding:
We, not I
- Collaboration first, egos last.
- Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
- Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
- Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
- Care about the people around you.
Passion for progress
- Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
- Work with pace and judgement. Adapt to circumstances.
- Take risk in support of Arm's progress.
- Be accountable for the decisions you take. Learn from failure.
- Pursue innovation relentlessly.
Be your brilliant self
- Resourceful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
- Be authentic.
- Seek and embrace differences.
- Encourage curiosity and challenge.
- Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm’s goals.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.