We have an exciting opportunity for a People Specialist to join our People Services team based in Austin, Texas. We are the local face of the People team at Arm and in this role, you will create and deliver a seamless and positive employee experience across the entire employee lifecycle.
Our Specialists demonstrate a broad knowledge of human resources functions and employment law and responsible for helping implement various people services activities, policies, and programs. This role will lead administration of benefits, leave of absence, immigration and for ensuring, continuous compliance with federal, state, local employment laws and regulations.
What will you be accountable for?
- Accurately maintains employee data and employee/personnel records, ensuring it is current, legally compliant, and confidential
- Compiles data and prepares reports when needed for employee statistics, benefits administrations, workplace safety, government reporting, etc.
- Provides support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves, benefits, immigration or policy questions and resolves any issues that may arise
- Responsible for administration of US and Canada employee benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance plans, disability programs, and 401(k), and all other ancillary benefit plans.
- Work within our Benefit Enrollment Tool (BenefitFocus) to ensure changes and life events are processed.
- Respond to benefit inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, enrollment assistance, processes / procedures, and vendor coordination.
- Process and administrate all LOA requests, accommodation requests and disability paperwork (medical, personal, disability and FMLA and all state specific PFL) and workers compensation. Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications.
- Responsible for monitoring and validating benefit vendor carrier feeds. Validate success & accuracy of data uploads and correct errors where they occur.
- Review, reconcile, and process monthly vendor billings for payment
- Work with payroll to track and reconcile benefit deductions
- Assists in annual benefit projects such as ACA Filings, annual audits, compliance EEO/Vet reporting, and non-discrimination testing.
- Meticulous attention to details with the ability to manage multiple administrative tasks in a timely manner.
- Critical thinker who can creatively provide solutions for optimization of processes.
- Successfully work with others on a team, demonstrating true team skills.
- You understand that a job goes beyond a job description and are willing to lend a helping hand.
- Possess excellent communication and written skills and are capable of articulating information in a detailed fashion.
- Must have direct customer service experience, demonstrating an inherent customer focused approach to meeting customer needs.
- Ability to navigate new system platforms quickly.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of work experience
- 2 years as a benefits coordinator or similar role
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – specifically MS Excel
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- PHR and/or SHRM certification is preferred, but not required
- Multi-state employment experience is preferred, but not required
- Strong systems and process analysis skills (preferably SAP SuccessFactors, as well as Microsoft Office Suite applications).
- Previous HR experience is a must
More About Arm
Arm® is at the heart of the world's most sophisticated digital IP products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by ARM Partners who have shipped billions of Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.