Job header section
Networking Solutions Architect
job navigation section
Software Engineering at Arm
You might not think you know us, but you do. Our software is all over Silicon Valley. In fact, it's right in the palm of your hand. Because the biggest names in tech, from your smartphone brand to the makers of the world's fastest supercomputer look to us for the most powerful advanced core processors.
When you think about what software development can stretch to at Arm, from physical IP to machine learning, you'll wonder why you didn't apply sooner. The real-world applications for our technology are so massive, your work will influence the lives up to 70% of the global population, whether it's through award-winning VR gaming or life-enhancing medical equipment. Here you'll develop a better, connected future.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
About the role
Are you interested in shaping the future of Arm-based Networking SoC solutions with an innovative company and growing team? The Infrastructure Line of Business is a cross-functional technical and commercial team that engages across the Arm partnership and drives our system architecture and product roadmaps for cloud to edge infrastructure. This team has the ultimate objective of driving Arm’s market share in servers, networking and high-performance computing (HPC) through strategic enterprise deployments and the optimization of hardware and software. The team provides technical leadership for interactions with key semiconductor and eco-system partners.
What will I be accountable for?
As a Networking Solution Architect, you will:
- Develop and optimize future Arm reference architectures and compute platforms for emerging Carrier/5G, Enterprise and Data-center networking systems.
- Engage with end customers such as OEMs, Networking system and software companies and telecom operators to understand enterprise use-cases, requirements, risks and opportunities.
- Architect state-of-the-art solutions leveraging Arm’s wide expertise in architecture, design, software, and the wider partner ecosystem.
- Evangelize Arm solutions with Arm partners and wider industry, demonstrating both maturity of vision and technical leadership.
- Represent Arm’s interests at industry forums and technology working groups with goal of enabling widespread adoption of Arm solutions.
- Support Product Managers on next-gen requirements and customer adoption of technology.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- BS, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering (other degrees will be considered with relevant work experience)
- 10+ years as a systems architect with a background in Carrier/Enterprise/Data-center Networking.
- Deep understanding of Networking system architecture including network stacks, packet-processing, 5G RAN, security, IO – Ethernet/PCIE, and virtualization.
- Understanding of systems and software architecture and their impact on hardware designs and vice-versa.
- Proven ability to generate consistent, complete, and concise written specifications.
- Ability to build technical consensus across multiple teams and bring clarity to poorly defined and complex problems.
- Good understanding of software stack for advanced networking systems including deployments for 5G ORAN, Virtualization frameworks, VNF/CNF, DPDK, VPP and other networking stacks.
- Good understanding of typical Carrier/Enterprise/Data-center networking use-cases like 5G RAN (CU, DU, RU), /Gateways, WLAN-AP/mesh, Security appliances, etc.
- Knowledge of Arm architecture and eco-system of software and hardware partners.
- Experience driving industry standards
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
- Partner / customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Creativity / innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Collaboration / communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Personal impact / influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.