Job header section
Intern, Hardware Engineer
job navigation section
Internships at Arm
Most people know Arm and the scale at which our advanced core processors are changing the world. But not everyone knows our name. They do know our partners, though. Because those tiny processors are a driving force behind the biggest names in tech. Not only in Silicon Valley, but 70% of technology used by the world’s population – from your smartphone to the world’s fastest supercomputer.
What better place to get an internship? We put our trust in you to work on big, global projects because you'll have our world-class mentors on your side, giving you just the right combination of freedom and support. And what if you want to focus on becoming an expert in certain skills? We're with you there too – creating your own development roadmap paired with your choice workshops.
As the industry's leading supplier of microprocessor technology, Arm provides efficient, low-power chip technology making electronic innovations come to life. Our employees impact a rich ecosystem by developing CPUs, graphics processors, complex system IP, supporting software development tools, and physical libraries. These contributions have enabled more than one thousand Arm partners to ship over 100 billion leading-edge Arm-powered processors.
We are looking for highly enthusiastic new graduates to join Arm and help craft the future of technology by actively impacting the next generation of advancements in:
CPU Engineering: you'll be an integral part of the team focusing on CPU architecture, contributing to the specification, design, verification, and implementation of the next generation of Arm microprocessors.
Systems Engineering: you will be an integral part of the team, contributing to the specification, design, verification, and implementation of the next generation of Arm systems IP and compute subsystems.
At Arm we empower our talented individuals to work together as a team to push the boundaries of what is possible!
As a graduate engineer, you will be able to work closely with our talented and expert engineers to help design groundbreaking technology. You will gain knowledge and tackle challenges while being able to encounter opportunities to work on all aspects of product development.
Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s program, on track to earn a degree in computer or electrical engineering, or a related field.
Essential skills include:
- Familiarity with hardware description languages, such as VHDL or Verilog/SystemVerilog
- Knowledgeable about computer architecture and microarchitecture concepts
- Programming languages: C, C++, Python, or Java
- Use of Linux/Unix
- Understanding of FPGAs and RTL design
- Knowledge of ARM architecture
- Knowledge of SoC design
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed during the recruitment process:
- Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you commitment to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
- Partner / customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve the best outcome for both.
- Creativity / innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Collaboration / communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Personal impact / influence – You listen to different ideas, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also supporting team members and partners to do the same.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
There's an open and casual atmosphere here that's so characteristic of Arm. We build spaces for continuous learning and creative expression. No matter the level of person you're approaching, they're always ready for a down-to-earth conversation. And it's easy to make friends with such a diverse network of graduates, interns and apprentices all sticking together. Because diversity is essential to how we innovate – one reason why we're promoting more women into leadership positions.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. So much so, there's virtually never a time or place we're not with you.