Job header section
job navigation section
Hardware at Arm
You know us. With 125 Arm-powered products shipped every second, we'll be in a over a trillion smart devices by 2035. Your smartphone, award-winning VR gaming, the world's fastest supercomputer – our engineers are designing the advanced core processors leading the race towards a connected, autonomous, hyper-performance future.
So, we promise you endless opportunities to experiment and go even further in hardware. From advanced core implementation to full custom physical IPs, here you'll have our backing to push limits in vital areas such as memory, IO and logic.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
About the Role
As an Implementation Engineer in Arm's systems group we like to think we are not just crafting sophisticated SoCs, but we are defining future chip design techniques. Not only do we improve the power, performance and system integration of our products, but we also craft the design flows, influence Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools and build the knowledge base that makes high performance chip design possible.
An as Implementation Engineer at Arm, our work goes beyond multiple divisions where we drive improved implementation for Arm and our partners. A key component of this is around the development of comprehensive implementation and analysis methodologies.
- Physical design and implementation of CPU cores, system interconnect and other ARM IP
- Investigate the tradeoffs involved in implementation
- Analyze design timing and power to help improve the quality of ARM IP
- Develop and deploy new methodologies to improve implementation efficiency and results
- Support and develop detailed implementation analysis and data-mining methodologies.
- Work with implementation and physical IP RTL design teams to drive analysis and optimization of our IP.
- Converting R&D concepts into real implementation solutions.
- Enable our partners to achieve the best possible quality of results.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other meaningful technical fields.
- 5+ years...
- The ability to demonstrate that you can express new ideas and communicate them effectively.
- Possess a high level of dedicated, initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in crafting and embracing new silicon implementation techniques and methodologies and promote their use with international teams
- Previous experience in and knowledge of the entire IC design flow, from RTL through to GDS2.
- Experience working closely in top and block level floor planning, Place and Route, CTS, logical and physical optimization, timing closure and power analysis flows.
- Proven programming and scripting skills eg. Tcl, Perl, R, Make, sh.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Knowledge around Arm based SoCs!
- Experience with programming, scripting & data presentation languages
- Experience with low power design techniques (power gating, voltage/frequency scaling)
- Experience with Verilog RTL design.
- Understanding and working experience in static and dynamic IR-drop analysis.
- Experience of power grid design and analysis.
- Experience of physical verification (LVS and DRC) flows.
Desirable behaviors for this role
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our individual culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to "defy ordinary and craft outstanding". These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus – A tendency to put your partners and customers first, by understanding their needs and striving to achieve good outcomes.
- Teamwork and communication – Ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development – Take time to drive and own your development and encouraging team members and our ecosystem partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence – Listen to perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises – Demonstrate a can-do attitude and work towards overcoming obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about the work.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.