Austin, Texas; Raleigh, North Carolina
Design Verification Engineer - InterconnectApply now
Piece Together The World’s Most Powerful Puzzle
This world has a design. It’s infinite yet discoverable. Small yet powerful. Our design engineers must all at once predict it and create it. From implementation of the most advanced CPU, GPU and HPC processors on the planet to dreaming up every eventuality that could put our SoC and system IP to the test, we puzzle over the biggest questions of our time. And microarchitect the future.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
*Remote working opportunity available from Raleigh, NC*
About Arm System IP
Arm System IP enables designers to build Arm AMBA systems that are high performance, power efficient and reliable. Configurable for many different applications, System IP is the right choice for your system whether it is a high-efficiency IoT endpoint or a high-performance server SoC. The collection of silicon proven interconnects, security IP, system controllers, debug and trace and IP tooling are all designed, validated and optimized to be used with Arm Cortex processors and Arm Mali Multimedia IP. Built upon the open AMBA interface standard, Arm System IP provides design teams with the foundation for building better systems.
What will I be accountable for
As a Design Verification Engineer, you would be delivering verification of one or more functional blocks at the unit or top level. Typical accountabilities include:
- Develop SystemVerilog/UVM testbenches for unit/top level.
- Build and maintain detailed verification plans.
- Generate and run test cases on logic simulation models.
- Debug functional errors in the RTL model using simulation and debug tools with an in-depth understanding of the microarchitecture.
- Define and implement functional coverage.
- Analysis of data from simulation runs using machine learning and data science techniques to drive efficient bug discovery and debug.
- Promote and demonstrate the Arm Core Beliefs and Behaviors.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering.
- Proven experience in pre-silicon verification/RTL design.
- Multiprocessing microarchitecture experience including knowledge of cache coherence and bus protocols (e.g. AMBA5 CHI, AMBA4 ACE or AXI).
- Previous experience in specification, creation, and debug of System Verilog/UVM constrained-random testbenches.
- Shown software engineering skills including understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience with functional coverage verification methods.
- Excellent professional knowledge of scripting languages such as Python or Perl
- Experience in Formal Verification testbenches is a plus.
What to Expect Long Term?
- Become well-versed in design hardware with a focus on safety and reliability!
- In most digital logic design roles, circuits are assumed to work. When we type 1+1 into a calculator, we expect the result should always be 2. But in real life, circuits sometimes fail! Alpha particles from radioactive decay of trace elements, cosmic rays resulting in high energy neutrons, and electro-migration - the erosion of metal wires due to high currents -can all cause a circuit to produce the wrong result.
- Develop into a leading Functional Safety Engineer where you will be analyze our IP to understand how likely such silicon faults are, and what affects such failures could have for the users of our IP. In addition, you will help develop safety mechanisms to detect or even resolve such faults.
- This role will become a balances of reasonable level of both independent work while at the same time building consensus among everyone from project leaders, engineering, and marketing. It provides an opportunity to learn about all parts of chip design, and to become an expert in making chips safer and more reliable.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. We empower groups/teams to determine their hybrid working pattern, with an expected minimum attendance in the office of 20% per month, depending on the work, level of experience and team’s needs. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.