Job header section
CPU Verification Methodology Engineer
job navigation section
Hardware at Arm
You know us. With 125 Arm-powered products shipped every second, we'll be in a over a trillion smart devices by 2035. Your smartphone, award-winning VR gaming, the world's fastest supercomputer – our engineers are designing the advanced core processors leading the race towards a connected, autonomous, hyper-performance future.
So, we promise you endless opportunities to experiment and go even further in hardware. From advanced core implementation to full custom physical IPs, here you'll have our backing to push limits in vital areas such as memory, IO and logic.
One benefit we're really proud of is FlexPot; a sum of money on top of your salary (which is the same value regardless of your seniority) which you can use for charitable giving, development or your personal wellbeing. Ready to start that French language course you've always wanted to do? Or are you a keen gym-goer and want to use it for a membership? There's lots different of ways to enjoy your Flexpot.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service. You could even combine your FlexPot allowance with your sabbatical and volunteer overseas!
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
About the role
Arm processors are the brains in billions of diverse electronic devices. Our CPU group defines, designs, and validates all of Arm's processor IP and collaborates with the world's leading technology companies. As a verification methodology engineer in the Austin-based CPU Verification team, you will help enabling the team of talented verification engineers to efficiently perform their responsibilities. The job focuses on development of tools and improving the workflows used by the CPU engineering team.
What will I be accountable for?
- Working closely with the Verification and RTL design team to identify the opportunities for improvements to the current simulation verification methodologies
- Developing and improving architecture of SystemVerilog/UVM testbenches for functional verification of CPU and its components
- Working with EDA vendors to introduce the new verification aids and help improving performance of already deployed tools
- Develop new and improve existing internal tools and workflows to maximize the efficiency of simulation verification-based activities including debug and coverage.
- Working closely with other engineering and services teams within ARM to help them adopt best solutions
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- MS or BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Strong software engineering skills including understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms
- High level understanding of CPU architecture and microarchitecture, including experience in the area of out-of-order microarchitecture and/or coherent memory systems
- Experience with SystemVerilog/UVM testbenches and IP verification technologies
What would give my candidacy an edge?
- Experience architecting SystemVerilog/UVM testbenches with focus on usage efficiency, performance, debuggability and reusability.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming, scripting languages and software development technologies.
- Experience developing software tools and workflows in distributed computing systems
- CPU microarchitecture including knowledge of out-of-order execution and/or CPU memory system microarchitecture experience
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is important, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky, not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.