CPU Verification Methodology EngineerApply now
Test Our Limits. Your Limits.
Every day the world invents something new to put our chips to the test. You can do the same. Because verification at Arm goes way, way beyond debugging – it’s solving the novel problems behind tech that barely exists yet. It’s working at the bleeding edge of machine learning, simulation software, model checking and hardware prototyping systems. It’s thinking the unthinkable and being sure we’re ready for it.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Arm processors are the brains in billions of diverse electronic devices. Our CPU group defines, designs, and validates all of Arm's processor IP and collaborates with the world's leading technology companies. As a verification methodology engineer in the Austin-based CPU Verification team, you will help enabling the team of hard-working verification engineers to efficiently perform their responsibilities.
The job focuses on development of tools and improving the workflows used by the CPU engineering team.
- Working closely with the Verification and RTL design team to identify the opportunities for improvements to the current simulation verification methodologies
- Developing and improving architecture of SystemVerilog/UVM testbenches for functional verification of CPU and its components
- Working with EDA vendors to introduce the new verification aids and help improving performance of already deployed tools
- Develop new and improve existing internal tools and workflows to increase the efficiency of simulation verification-based activities including debug and coverage.
- Working closely with other engineering and services teams within ARM to help them embrace the best solutions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- MS or BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Strong software engineering skills including understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms
- High level understanding of CPU architecture and microarchitecture
- Experience with SystemVerilog/UVM testbenches and IP verification technologies
- Experience or familiarity with a variety of programming languages, including (but not limited to) Python, Ruby, Java, Perl, shell scripting, and SystemVerilog
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience:
- Experience architecting SystemVerilog/UVM testbenches with focus on usage efficiency, performance, coverage, debuggability and reusability.
Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, scripting languages and software development technologies.
- Experience developing software tools and workflows in distributed computing systems
- CPU microarchitecture, including knowledge or experience with out-of-order execution and/or CPU memory system microarchitecture
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is important, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and lead your own progress
Be your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky, not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.