CPU Verification EngineerApply now
Test Our Limits. Your Limits.
Every day the world invents something new to put our chips to the test. You can do the same. Because verification at Arm goes way, way beyond debugging – it’s solving the novel problems behind tech that barely exists yet. It’s working at the bleeding edge of machine learning, simulation software, model checking and hardware prototyping systems. It’s thinking the unthinkable and being sure we’re ready for it.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
About the role
Come break new ground in design verification. This is a rare opportunity to join the Austin-based CPU design verification team, which is part of Arm's global CPU group, as an experienced Design Verification Engineer in our world class core verification team. Our diverse engineering-centric group defines, designs, and validates Arm processor IP - the brains in billions of diverse electronic devices.
Are you passionate about design verification - particularly unit-level verification of core micro architecture? In this role you will be able to push through the boundaries of your technical knowledge relating to ground breaking Arm Cortex-A processors.
As an expert on our diverse team of verification engineers, you take on the latest Cortex-A CPU microarchitecture design verification. You will be a part of a growing organization with a validated business model and a strong plan for continued future growth. Your team uses the latest tools and methodologies with an eye for innovation and creative problem solving.
What will I be accountable for?
Our team owns the design verification for one or more functional blocks, and we are responsible for the quality of delivery throughout all related engineering project phases. Including:
- Develop SystemVerilog UVM and/or formal verification environment and tests for the block-level, functional verification of units
- Build and maintain detailed verification plans
- Generate and run test cases on logic simulation models
- Debug functional errors in the RTL model, using simulation tools, debug tools with an in-depth understanding of the architecture and RTL design
- Define and implement functional and statistical coverage, and improve the testbench to ensure coverage closure
What skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in pre-silicon verification
- CPU microarchitecture experience including knowledge of the front end pipeline - fetch, decode, issue, execute and commit units
- Previous experience in verifying such units using simulation and/or formal verification methods
- Proven software engineering skills including understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with functional coverage driven verification methods
What would give you an edge?
- Proven CPU core microarchitecture experience, including knowledge of fetch engine, branch predictions, out-of-order execution, register renaming, reservation stations, or processor pipelines
- A passion for continuing to grow your expertise in CPU memory system microarchitecture including both familiarity with and a curiosity about high-performance caches, out-of-order execution and result return, cache coherence, virtual memory and address translation
- A deep understanding of SystemVerilog and UVM, and you know how they are used to build flexible and reusable testbenches
- You love advanced software engineering such as design patterns, profiling, unit testing, and programming in multiple languages
- You strive to achieve winning solutions
- You build positive relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success
- A drive for continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others
- You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully craft your work to deliver impactful results
At Arm, we are proud to have core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions. Our beliefs define how we work together, and how we evaluate you. Here is a preview for you:
- We, Not I:Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive. Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
- Passion for Progress:Difficult things can take unexpected directions; stick with it. The essence of progress is that it can’t stop; grow with it and lead your own progress.
- Be Your Brilliant Self:Be spirited, not egocentric. Make trust our default position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.