Job header section
Embedded Test Engineer - SDET
job navigation section
Software Engineering at Arm
You might not think you know us, but you do. Our software is all over Silicon Valley. In fact, it's right in the palm of your hand. Because the biggest names in tech, from your smartphone brand to the makers of the world's fastest supercomputer look to us for the most powerful advanced core processors.
When you think about what software development can stretch to at Arm, from physical IP to machine learning, you'll wonder why you didn't apply sooner. The real-world applications for our technology are so massive, your work will influence the lives up to 70% of the global population, whether it's through award-winning VR gaming or life-enhancing medical equipment. Here you'll develop a better, connected future.
One benefit we're really proud of is FlexPot; a sum of money on top of your salary (which is the same value regardless of your seniority) which you can use for charitable giving, development or your personal wellbeing. Ready to start that French language course you've always wanted to do? Or are you a keen gym-goer and want to use it for a membership? There's lots different of ways to enjoy your Flexpot.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service. You could even combine your FlexPot allowance with your sabbatical and volunteer overseas!
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Embedded Test Engineer - SDET
The Arm Open-Source Software (OSS) group is responsible for developing and improving the software eco-system centered around Arm’s next generations of processor technology. We enable our partners to build software on Arm IP-based systems. We develop and upstream to open-source projects, providing essential reference implementations and optimizations to key software system components. We also produce validated software stacks for Arm IP-based reference platforms aimed at a variety of use cases. Our contributions range from low level firmware, through kernel enablement and optimizations, to enabling and optimizing high level workloads such as Open JDK on Arm IP, as one example
We are looking for a highly capable Embedded Test Engineer - SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test), to help contribute to the software quality effort within our development teams.
You must be familiar with test automation at a DevOps level, as well as have a solid understanding of testing principles and methodologies.
If you are passionate about Software QA to these needs, then we want to hear from you.
Job Requirements Summary
- Working within a development team, to deliver automated test solutions, that contribute to production-like ready software
- To provide test feedback to the teams and keep them up to date.
- To aid and support the team from a security validation perspective
- Research and investigate appropriate tooling options around static testing, run-time analysis and provide recommendations and roll-out.
- Proficient in C or C++
- Knowledgeable (ideally practitioner) in Gitlab and Yocto
- Proficient in Python and Bash scripting languages - Knows how to write performance test scripts
- Have a solid understanding of testing principles and methodologies
- You will exhibit an understanding of how to rigorously test software using various techniques
- An Interest and understanding of open-source development practices
- Basic understanding of computer architecture, micro-architecture concepts and assembly language - ideally for the Arm architecture and it’s ecosystem.
- You are engaging, with a desire to help other team members.
- ISTQB Test Foundation certification, or ISEB equivalent
- Exposure to static and dynamic code analysis tools
- Developed Integration tests, and understand their purpose
- Exposure to TDD / BDD
- Familiar with Jinja, Groovy scripting
- Test reporting tools, test management tools, CI frameworks
- You are familiar with various software development lifecycle methods including Agile
- We value familiarity with open-source project development cycles and contribution processes.
- Security testing for embedded systems and the Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL).
- Ability to track performance issues down to assembly or hardware level
- Experience with performance analysis of complex workloads, especially on Arm platforms
- SIMD experience (ideally Neon)
- Experience with open source working practices and community open-source test tools
- Knowledge of JIT compilers, ChromeOS, or Linux kernel
- Knowledge of Android testing tools, performance testing tools & security testing tools
- Industry experience in Aerospace, Automotive, Semiconductors or similar domains
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.