Job header section
job navigation section
Software Engineering at Arm
You might not think you know us, but you do. Our software is all over Silicon Valley. In fact, it's right in the palm of your hand. Because the biggest names in tech, from your smartphone brand to the makers of the world's fastest supercomputer look to us for the most powerful advanced core processors.
When you think about what software development can stretch to at Arm, from physical IP to machine learning, you'll wonder why you didn't apply sooner. The real-world applications for our technology are so massive, your work will influence the lives up to 70% of the global population, whether it's through award-winning VR gaming or life-enhancing medical equipment. Here you'll develop a better, connected future.
One benefit we're really proud of is FlexPot; a sum of money on top of your salary (which is the same value regardless of your seniority) which you can use for charitable giving, development or your personal wellbeing. Ready to start that French language course you've always wanted to do? Or are you a keen gym-goer and want to use it for a membership? There's lots different of ways to enjoy your Flexpot.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service. You could even combine your FlexPot allowance with your sabbatical and volunteer overseas!
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Arm is seeking highly skilled and motivated DevOps Engineer to join our Agile software development group. You will be part of a new team split between Cambridge and Manchester with the opportunity to drive our build, test and continuous integration infrastructure.
Collaborating with multi-disciplined engineering teams across Arm’s worldwide engineering centers. Making key contributions to the automated test infrastructure to ensure we achieve the right level of build and test coverage as effectively as possible for the next generation Mali™ GPUs and use your influence to roll out changes required to ensure testing is scalable across different generations of technology for their lifespan.
We have a consistent track record of building up expertise in people, so this is a great opportunity to learn something new and exciting in a friendly and collaborative environment. Join a multinational, dynamic and highly motivated software development group where you will enjoy the support of your colleagues while being challenged by exciting technical problems.
Do you like producing high-quality solutions in a complicated yet exciting environment?
Then we would love to hear from you!!
About the GPU Team
In the GPU Team, you will be working alongside the best engineers in the world, making market-leading products for the planets most successful companies. With applications in mobile, machine learning, Internet of Things, automotive, security, and embedded devices, your ideas will make a difference and you will have the chance to lead, innovate and ultimately change the world of media processing. Our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping Graphics Processor.
We are a distributed team, working across numerous sites, and we are entering a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for multifaceted and hardworking people to join the team.
Day to day activities include:
- Design, Develop and improve parts of the Test Automation Infrastructure.
- Define new architecture for CI and CD.
- Define DevOps tools to be used and then help implement them.
- Define and promote the best testing practices across the department.
- Work with all tools and teams to ensure high test/QA efficiency with good quality results.
- Work closely with Project Managers, Architect’s team, and Technical leads to ensure high efficiency levels of product development and release.
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD (computer science or electronics engineering) with a good academic record.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Developing and maintaining continuous integration & deployment systems
- Strong grasp of automation tools, methodologies, and standards, e.g., experience with Jenkins and pipelines, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Version control and code review systems such as Git, Gerrit, Gitlab
- Python (or similar) and Bash programming - including deep understanding of the patterns, idioms, and naming conventions.
- Experience of scripting with tools such as Terraform.
- Deep knowledge of Linux based systems
- Experience of virtualization and cloud technologies such as AWS, Docker, OpenStack, and Kubernetes
- Monitoring, Metrics, and results visualization tooling
- Deployment routines and repositories management (e.g. Artifactory)
- Experience in configuration management such as Ansible
- A practical, organized, and pragmatic approach to work.
- Desire and ability to chip in to process improvement initiatives.
- Experience of leading test configurations.
- Some exposure to development with board build/test farms
- Using Agile software development methods and tools
- Experience of testing software across multiple generations of HW and the challenges it brings.
- Experience of providing technical leadership in one or more significant projects.
- Arm architecture knowledge
You will exhibit many of the following qualities:
- Self-reliant and who seeks out information and learning when required
- Ability to explore problems creatively - e.g. challenge the status quo and suggest novel approaches
- Evaluate proposals critically - e.g. chipping in to design discussions and code reviews
- Address all life-cycle phases of large tasks, from specification through test and user documentation
- Take on a technical leadership role for some aspects of project work, investigations, and feasibility studies.
- Provide support and mentorship to our internal users and colleagues.
- Understand development and project processes in depth.
- Be willing to travel occasionally to Arm location in the UK and worldwide.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.