Staff Technical Writer
Manchester, England Date Posted Mar. 17, 2021 Category Technical Writer
We are looking for an experienced Staff Information Developer to join the Content Services team in Arm's Partner Enablement group.
You'll develop technical content, in collaboration with Arm’s product development and engineering teams, and our wider ecosystem specialists, describing how to get the very best out of Arm technology to help Arm's partners realise their goals. You'll do this by deriving information from internal information sources and your own investigations.
WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
• Identifying user needs and creating, adapting, and improving content based on these needs. You are developing and delivering technical content to a wide spectrum of user and abilities.
• Creating structured technical content that improves comprehension and ease of use, eliminating ambiguity.
• Creating content follows Arm's technical writing standards, and is SEO optimised, to be useful, discoverable, and consistent.
• Leading documentation projects, including planning, tracking, and reporting on those projects.
The Content Services team is part of the Arm Partner Enablement group. It is responsible for producing and maintaining technical content for Arm products, including documentation, user assistance, and multimedia. Members of the team come from a variety of backgrounds and range from experienced writers to graduates. The team operates to established, well-defined processes and standards.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
You should have a good degree or post-graduate qualification in a relevant subject area. For example:
• Computer science
• Electronic engineering
• Comparative linguistics
• Information development
If you don't have a degree in one of these areas, but have extensive experience in Technical Communications or Information Development, or experience and skills that are transferable into this area, then we'd still like to hear from you.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
• Experience in an information developer role, with a consistent record of writing for global audiences.
• Excellent user focus and outcome orientation.
• Self-starter and able to work from own initiative leading content projects with sound judgement and clear decision-making.
• Standout colleague with ability to work in a collaborative environment as part of a scrum agile content development team.
• Flexible and pragmatic in approach. Creative, dynamic problem solver, open-minded, and with strong problem-solving skills.
• Enjoys learning about new technologies and standards.
• Very good understanding of the documentation production cycle.
• Good knowledge of industry standard tools and technologies, with the ability to learn and adapt.
DESIRABLE TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Familiarity with Arm architectures, processors, and technologies.
• Understanding the interaction between software and hardware.
• Familiarity with an HTML first approach to content creation.
• Expericence of working within a scrum agile team.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.