Job header section
job navigation section
Software Engineering at Arm
You might not think you know us, but you do. Our software is all over Silicon Valley. In fact, it's right in the palm of your hand. Because the biggest names in tech, from your smartphone brand to the makers of the world's fastest supercomputer look to us for the most powerful advanced core processors.
When you think about what software development can stretch to at Arm, from physical IP to machine learning, you'll wonder why you didn't apply sooner. The real-world applications for our technology are so massive, your work will influence the lives up to 70% of the global population, whether it's through award-winning VR gaming or life-enhancing medical equipment. Here you'll develop a better, connected future.
One benefit we're really proud of is FlexPot; a sum of money on top of your salary (which is the same value regardless of your seniority) which you can use for charitable giving, development or your personal wellbeing. Ready to start that French language course you've always wanted to do? Or are you a keen gym-goer and want to use it for a membership? There's lots different of ways to enjoy your Flexpot.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service. You could even combine your FlexPot allowance with your sabbatical and volunteer overseas!
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Technical Lead role for the Architecture & Technology Group at Arm's Headquarters in Cambridge.
Are you a pro-active, detail-oriented Technical Lead who wants to work on ground-breaking digital technology for the world’s leading semiconductor IP company? Does technology excite you, and do you have the experience to take on a leading role? If yes, let’s discuss you joining our diverse team of writers and software engineers in Arm’s Architecture Information Group (AIG).
AIG is part of the Arm Architecture and Technology Group and is responsible for documenting the IP that constitutes the Arm CPU Architecture. The Architecture encompasses a broad spectrum of product areas from the smallest microcontrollers to high-performance computing cores, and involves specifications for processing elements, compliant software development, debug and trace support, security, and other aspects of the Arm computer architecture.
- You will collaborate with the various development teams, key stakeholders, and subject matter experts to establish and continuously improve the quality assurance strategy for the flagship architecture deliverable, the Arm Architecture Reference Manual (Arm ARM).
- You will be accountable for the delivery of maintenance updates in product release cycles to the expected schedule, quality, and scope.
- You will lead a team that will be responsible for developing methodologies for enhancing content validation, for instance through automated testing.
- You will work closely with the Technical Directors to support team members in developing skills and expertise in problem solving.
- You will monitor the resourcing needs in the sustainability team and work closely with the Project Managers and Engineering Managers to ensure adequate resources are assigned.
- You will collaborate with various team members to address existing technical debt and establish a proactive approach for an effective sustainable defect management strategy.
The skills we most value are your ability to learn and grow within the job, and your enthusiasm to use this knowledge to help your colleagues. Your success in this position is almost guaranteed if you possess the following essential skills and qualifications:
- You have an aptitude to lead, own, and direct critical development meetings to achieve the desired outcome.
- You have a strong ability to shape a project or programme test approach and strategy.
- You have previously line managed a development or testing team.
- You have a good understanding of the development lifecycle, and a deep understanding of the phases of the testing lifecycle and success criteria.
- You have strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to influence and persuade others during conflict resolution.
- You have experience with planning and project management, an analytical mind, and an ability to explain technical aspects of the defect management process to a wide audience.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and you facilitate team engagement and interaction.
You will be interacting with the various teams and workstreams that contribute to the successful delivery of the Arm ARM and therefore some previous exposure or awareness in the following areas would be an advantage:
- Technical authoring
- CPU architecture
- Software development with knowledge of at least 1 of the following areas: Python, XML, JSON
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.