Senior Embedded Software Engineer, Automotive and IoT (Advocate/Evangelist)
Senior Embedded Software Engineer, Automotive and IoT
We are growing our Automotive and IoT Developer Relations team and looking for a highly motivated and creative individual to join our team as Senior Developer Evangelist. You will work multi-functionally across the Automotive & IoT business, and the wider Arm organisation, bringing direct feedback for product insights and market intelligence from your engagements with the software developer community and creating credible resources to solve real problems developers face.
We truly believe in the impact and influence of software developers in today’s technology world, and we strive to ensure developer experience is front and center in everything we do. This job role will give you a chance to work on projects that will have a positive impact on the future of technology and developers' ability to apply it to real-world problems. This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to lead and challenge the status quo in many different problem domains, ultimately helping to transform the world of IoT and autonomous for the better!
How will you contribute?
- You will be responsible for improving the developer experience in solutions, based on cutting-edge technology – contributing input and expertise to real product development
- You will develop technical projects (e.g. tutorials, demos, etc.) and produce technical content (e.g. written how-to tutorials, blogs, white papers, videos, etc.) used to educate the wider developer community on solutions and applications in IoT, machine learning, AI, robotics and autonomous systems
- You will lead and deliver workshops, webinars, as well as activities at community events and key conferences
- You will directly support the Arm IoT and Autonomous developer community through a wide variety of communication channels
Education & Qualifications
- A university degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or similar
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken
Essential Skills & Experience
- Passion for technology with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable experience in embedded software engineering or developer relations roles and significant experience with various Arm-based microprocessors and SBCs
- Strong programming experience in more than one programming language such as C, C++, Python and other relevant programming languages
- Ability to simply and effectively articulate complicated technical messages in a simple and succinct way to educate developers with different experience levels
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Track record of open source contributions and excellent understanding of open source software development cycles and contribution processes
- Experience of Linux Operating Systems, preferably with some experience of Yocto build system as well as experience with standard firmware implementations: e.g. UEFI, U-Boot or LinuxBoot
- Exposure and preferably experience with cloud native development flows, especially containers (e.g. Docker) and usage of public cloud IoT workflows
- Exposure and preferably experience with embedded machine learning applications and frameworks
- Exposure and preferably experience in software development for robotics or automotive systems, including experience with ROS, Autoware, and others
- Active and self-motivated worker, with a high degree of initiative and a proven problem solver. Able to evaluate, plan and track progress towards a specific goal
- Excellent communicator, personable, and able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level both in written and oral form
- Experience in quickly building relationships with different key individuals across engineering and commercial functions
- Passionate about delivering impactful results both as an independent contributor and as an outstanding teammate
More about our team
We are a diverse and energetic team coming from backgrounds in software engineering as well as marketing and business development. We are all super passionate and hardworking and committed to empowering millions of software developers with IoT, ML and autonomous technologies, making it easier and faster for them to develop, innovate and achieve phenomenal things.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.