Junior Project / Project Manager
Junior Project / Project Manager (x2 Project Management Roles) to work in the Central Engineering Team in the Open Source Group at Arm's Headquarters in Cambridge, UK
Arm’s technology is the foundational intelligence in over 100 billion silicon chips and is fundamental to enabling dynamic new markets including Hyperscale Computing, Virtual Reality and Autonomous Vehicles.
It is at the heart of hot technology areas such as Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things, to name but a few. Central Engineering Open Source Software (CE-OSS) architects the future of a whole host of software technologies, helping our partners build creative Arm powered products, including your mobile phone, IoT connected devices, Augmented & Virtual Reality offerings, Autonomous Driving Solutions and advanced robotics.
Arm is offering an excellent opportunity to join the CE-OSS operations team in Cambridge as a Project Manager playing a critical role in our multi-disciplinary group.
You will be responsible for leading and handling the successful delivery of a wide variety of project types whilst working with some of the smartest minds in the industry, in a dynamic environment, interacting with senior leaders and teams across the business, striking the right balance between innovation and driving improvements.
Effective project management is essential to ensure successful delivery within CE-OSS. Our team of Project Managers have a wide range of backgrounds with multi-disciplinary talents and take accountability for ensuring delivery of high-quality software engineering outputs and work packages by interacting and collaborating with Engineering and Product Management.
To be considered for this role, you will have a good command of the principles of project management, with experience of delivery by leading technical teams from a project management, agile, scrum master, team lead or release manager perspective. Excellent interpersonal skills are a requirement, as is displaying confident leadership and a dedication to engage the teams and drive your projects through to success. As a group, we are passionate about continuous improvement of process and ways of working to improve engineering efficiency. We use metrics to drive improvement initiatives in those areas and you're encouraged to be very pro-active in identifying and driving through changes and improvements across the organisation.
- Motivate and drive teams to deliver against commitments.
- Plan, schedule, monitor and report on activities across multiple locations to deliver key project performance indicators efficiently.
- Work closely with adjacent functional groups such as Engineering, Product Management, Legal and Operations.
- Work actively to help continually develop and improve our processes and practices.
- Have excellent organisational skills, a ‘can-do’ philosophy and be a collaborative member of the operations team.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Proven track record leading projects within multi-disciplinary and diverse groups in a hi-tech or highly regulated industry.
- Strong communication and networking skills to harmonize with peers, senior management, project players, and customers
- A positive, can-do behaviour which is adaptive to change, resilient and eager to accept new challenges within an evolving environment.
- Proficient in the application of standard Microsoft Office tools particularly MS Project.
- Comfortable influencing, motivating and leading engineering/project teams.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Usage of supporting tools commonly used in Arm project management e.g. Jira, Confluence, MSP
- Professional memberships or qualifications in project management methodologies e.g; APM/PMI/Prince2
- Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle
- Understanding of Product Lifecycles
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.