Revenue Accounting Manager
About the role
This is an exciting time to be at Arm as our business continues to grow and evolve to be ready for the next stage. The Revenue Accounting Manager will report to the Director of Revenue Recognition (UK based) and be a leader in a world-class, high-performing and fast-moving multinational Revenue Recognition accounting team. This great opportunity will allow you to interface consistently with the senior finance management and key business partners.
In order to be a successful candidate, you must have deep knowledge of the application of IFRS 15 and ASC 606 and will be required to demonstrate your ability to analyse complex mutli-year and deliverable revenue arrangements, propose more favourable commercial and revenue terms (if applicable), draft revenue accounting memos and operationalize the contracts in the revenue system. You should also have a track record of driving performance in global, complex environment, specifically in software or licensing space. You should be comfortable to operate strategically and tactically with a sense of ownership and urgency, employing a hands-on operational approach with clear and timely communication to senior management as well as internal business partners and external stakeholders.
- Be a key member in an international revenue accounting team responsible for revenue recognition
- With great attention to detail, analyze and account for highly complex licensing contracts between Arm and its customers, involving multiple element arrangement, unspecified upgrades, service & maintenance etc.
- Partner with sales, operations and legal teams and others to determine the appropriate revenue recognition treatment for new deals, product and service introductions, pricing and promotional models, and go-to-market strategies.
- Assist in the licensing revenue forecasting process
- Own month end and quarter end close processes related to Revenue accounts
- Develop and maintain revenue policies & best practice procedures and ensure they are applied appropriately. Lead writing or review of technical position papers.
- Develop and maintain appropriate SOX compliance internal controls
- Collaborating with internal and external auditors; lead supporting audit of revenue accounting both for internal and external audit.
- Lead projects related to financial systems and business processes and business process transformation/upgrades as necessary
- Be a change agent for implementing new insights and process improvements in an increasingly complex environment.
- Mentor, lead and develop less experienced revenue team members in India and US
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong understanding and extensive hands-on experience in practical application of revenue accounting under ASC 606 and IFRS 15 in a software/licensing environment and capable of writing technical memos.
- Interest and experience supporting commercial sales activities which includes contract review, negotiation support and deal revenue forecasting.
- Confident communicating and challenging across both finance and non-finance groups within Arm and able to communicate across multiple levels of the business.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively, manage multiple projects, and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical mindset and approach to problem solving and implementing strategies seen fit for building the future
- Strong work ethic, with the appetite for creating change and making a difference.
- Thrive in a fast changing, fast-paced multi-national company.
- Excellent teamwork, including the ability to interact with all organization levels and team members in multiple locations and time zones
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience in using SAP Revenue Accounting and Reporting (RAR) is preferred
- ACA or equivalent qualification required
- The role will be located at the Company’s headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.