Senior Technical Author/Writer
Manchester, England Date Posted Feb. 16, 2021 Category Technical Writer
Are you a can-do, user-focused information developer who wants to work on ground-breaking technology for the world’s leading semiconductor IP company?
We have a great opportunity for you to join our Technical Communications team working with state-of-the-art CPU technology! As an Information Developer, you will develop customer-facing content in collaboration with Arm’s engineering and marketing teams. You will do this by building networks with product teams and by gaining information from our internal sources and your own investigations.
You will also be part of a larger community of information developers working together to create and deliver content for Arm's products, solutions, and tools.
What will you be responsible for?
- Identifying user needs to create, adapt, and improve content based on those needs.
- Creating user-focused content that helps our customers achieve their goals.
- Collaborating with your team lead and other information developers to implement the best processes and practices for the technical content you produce.
- Training, mentoring, and leading early-career information developers.
The Technical Communications team is part of the Sales and Partner Enablement Group. It is responsible for producing and maintaining technical content for all Arm products, including documentation, user assistance, and multimedia. Technical Communications has a strong presence in all of Arm’s major design centres. Members of the team come from a variety of backgrounds and range from graduates to highly-experienced writers. The team works with established, well-defined processes and standards.
You should have a degree or post-graduate qualification in a related area. For example:
- Computer Science, Physics, Maths, or Engineering
- English or Comparative Linguistics
- Technical Writing
If you don't have a degree in one of these areas but you do have extensive experience and skills in technical writing or content development, then we want to hear from you.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Experience as a technical writer, with a consistent record of writing for global audiences and strong customer focus.
- Self-starter and able to work from your own initiative with good judgement and clear decision-making skills.
- Supportive and encouraging team-mate, who thrives in a collaborative work environment.
- Flexible and pragmatic with strong problem-solving skills.
- Creative, dynamic, and insightful.
- Good knowledge of industry standard tools, with the ability to learn and adapt (such as DITA, HTML, XML, and XSLT).
- Enjoys learning about new technologies especially around computer architecture, microprocessors, or related technical fields.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.