Design and Verification Graduate
Start Your Career at Arm
Got a love for coding? Hardware design? IT project management? We're with you. Whatever you want to do, do it at the highest level. Arm technology is a driving force behind 95% of the planet's connected devices – from your smartphone to VR headsets to the world's fastest supercomputer. You'll master your craft while working with the biggest names in tech.
At the same time, your training and development will be second to none. We put our trust in you to work on big, global projects because you'll have our world-class mentors on your side, giving you just the right combination of freedom and support. And you'll also have your own development roadmap which you can pair with your choice workshops to take the skills you want to expert levels.
One benefit we're really proud of is FlexPot; a sum of money on top of your salary (which is the same value regardless of your seniority) which you can use for charitable giving, development or your personal wellbeing. Ready to start that French language course you've always wanted to do? Or are you a keen gym-goer and want to use it for a membership? There's lots different of ways to enjoy your Flexpot.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service. You could even combine your FlexPot allowance with your sabbatical and volunteer overseas!
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Are you creative, innovative, and enthusiastic about new technologies? Do you enjoy programming and have a knack for problem solving? We are looking for graduate engineers passionate about a career in digital hardware design and verification.
At Arm you will shape the future of technology and collaborate in the development of next-generation GPUs, CPUs, Machine Learning accelerators, and System components to power billions of devices worldwide.
Hardware Design & Verification Graduates Roles at Arm
We have exciting opportunities in the following hardware groups:
- In the GPU group we design the latest graphics processors.
- In the CPU group we develop mainstream processors ranging from high-performance cores to low-power micro-controllers.
- In the Systems group we build the Interconnect, Display Processor, Image Signal Processor and other system components that are essential to achieving high performance system-on-chip designs.
As a graduate engineer you will directly influence the development of hardware IP that is used extensively in a wide variety of devices, from mobile phones and tablets to sensors to servers.
You will work on real projects from day one, with help and guidance from experienced engineers. Through teamwork, training, and dedication to personal development, we ensure that every graduate engineer learns about different aspects of our work, and becomes an expert in the field.
You will work in a multi-site, multi-cultural environment and will have the opportunity to work on different projects and with different groups through the graduate rotation programme.
What will your role be?
- You will help to write specifications for the next generation of Arm’s IP products, analysing trade-offs between different options via modelling in C++ or a hardware description language (HDL).
- You will develop IP in HDL, working with the rest of the design team to deliver a product with leading power efficiency and performance.
- You will verify IP to the highest quality standards using a wide range of methodologies – constrained random simulation using testbenches written in SystemVerilog, running real applications on emulation or FPGA platforms, and using formal methods.
Are you a good fit for Arm?
In order to be considered, you will need at least a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant subject. Other degree types may be considered with relevant experience.
Skills and experience that we look for in a hardware Design and Verification Graduate include:
- An engineering mind-set with strong problem-solving skills
- A keen interest in processors and digital systems
- Understanding of computer architecture fundamentals
- Familiarity with basic digital design concepts
- Experience of at least one programming language
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creativity and ability to communicate ideas effectively
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
Other desirable skills include:
- Knowledge of one of the following: GPU, CPU, Machine Learning, or System architecture
- Knowledge of design techniques for low power
- Familiarity with a hardware description language, such as VHDL or Verilog/SystemVerilog
- Exposure to verification techniques and testbenches (e.g. UVM and Formal)
- Programming languages such as: assembly language (ideally Arm assembler), higher-level (e.g. C), object-oriented (e.g. C++)
- Use of a UNIX environment and shell programming/scripting in e.g. Tcl, Perl, Python etc.
- Exposure to low-level programming or driver development
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
There's an open and casual atmosphere here that's so characteristic of Arm. We build spaces for continuous learning and creative expression. No matter the level of person you're approaching, they're always ready for a down-to-earth conversation. And it's easy to make friends with such a diverse network of graduates, interns, part-time undergraduates and apprentices all sticking together. Because diversity is essential to how we innovate – one reason why we're promoting more women into leadership positions.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries, and applications. So much so, there's virtually never a time or place we're not with you.