Job header section
Lead Compiler Engineer - Automotive
job navigation section
Software Engineering at Arm
You might not think you know us, but you do. Our software is all over Silicon Valley. In fact, it's right in the palm of your hand. Because the biggest names in tech, from your smartphone brand to the makers of the world's fastest supercomputer look to us for the most powerful advanced core processors.
When you think about what software development can stretch to at Arm, from physical IP to machine learning, you'll wonder why you didn't apply sooner. The real-world applications for our technology are so massive, your work will influence the lives up to 70% of the global population, whether it's through award-winning VR gaming or life-enhancing medical equipment. Here you'll develop a better, connected future.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Due to expansion we are now seeking a FuSa (Functional Safety) Technical Lead in Compilers to work at Arm in Cambridge (Hybrid role)
Do you want to work in a compiler team made up of outstanding engineers, whose mission is to enable our customers to build efficient, safe and secure software for the latest Arm IP by providing reliable, easy-to-use toolchains?
We work closely with our partners, who rely on our tools to support their future successes across many markets, including safety critical automotive, medical and other.
We are looking for experienced Technical Leaders for an exciting and rewarding position within our Toolchain group. You will be seeking to join a small engineering team leading development of products for the safety markets.
You will have space to develop and realise your ideas, working with wider areas of the business and improving the safety and user experience of both our existing and new safety toolchains.
If you have appreciation about the importance of improving and maintaining quality in all aspects, you are hardworking, self-starting, and keen to innovate, someone who cares about the product and its customers we would like to hear from you!
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Champion FuSa (functional safety) product development in the Arm Compiler team
- Maintain FuSa process and product documentation in close collaboration with the team
- Define and maintain safety requirements for FuSa products
- Help assess the quality and functional safety impact of new features
- Coordinate implementation of respective safety requirements within the team as well as with suppliers, partners and the open source LLVM community
- Validate and accept FuSa deliveries from respective engineering teams
- Seek FuSa product certification with respective bodies
- Coordinate with and help deliver outstanding support and premium services to the FuSa customers
- Actively support the continuous improvement of the wider team, pioneer new tools and methodologies to help detect and diagnose toolchain defects
Job Role Requirements
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle in a commercial or open source environment
- Experience in leading teams and projects
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and willingness to work with different teams, senior colleagues, management, partners and occasionally users of our toolchains
- C/C++ development experience in systems programming environment
- Awareness of and proven industry experience of FuSa software development as per at least one of the Functional Safety standards: ISO 26262, EN 50128, IEC 61508, IEC 62304
- Arm or other embedded development experience
- Software quality or regulatory background
- Technical writing skills
- Experience working in a small team in agile environment
Education and Qualifications:
- Good degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or an alternative with proven significant experience.
- Formal training or certification in any of the FuSa domains mentioned above is a huge advantage.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.