Job header section
Quality Engineer - Black Belt
job navigation section
Software Engineering at Arm
You might not think you know us, but you do. Our software is all over Silicon Valley. In fact, it's right in the palm of your hand. Because the biggest names in tech, from your smartphone brand to the makers of the world's fastest supercomputer look to us for the most powerful advanced core processors.
When you think about what software development can stretch to at Arm, from physical IP to machine learning, you'll wonder why you didn't apply sooner. The real-world applications for our technology are so massive, your work will influence the lives up to 70% of the global population, whether it's through award-winning VR gaming or life-enhancing medical equipment. Here you'll develop a better, connected future.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt to work at Arm in one of the following locations: Cambridge, Sheffield or Manchester (hybrid working model)
You will have the opportunity to play a key role driving operational excellence in one of the world’s most impactful technology companies. In this role you will collaborate closely with the Engineering and Operations functions to prioritise and agree a roadmap of continuous improvement initiatives. Using your leadership skills, you will help drive improvements that meet and exceed the expectations of our partners. You are passionate about the development of others and demonstrate this through training and mentoring teams in world-class quality methodologies and toolsets.
What Will I Be Accountable For?
- Quality Strategy: support the evolution of ARM’s Operational Excellence strategy by collaborating with functional leaders to establish continuous improvement goals, objectives, and establish quality initiatives. Creatively promote quality with energy and proactivity!
- Project Delivery: lead continuous improvement teams, facilitate quality workshops (including retrospectives), and proactively identify (and remove) waste from core business processes.
- Team Development: teaching and mentoring of Green Belts and Yellow Belts in world-class quality approaches e.g., DMAIC, Lean, 8D, Root Cause Analysis, Process Mapping, Standard Work, PDCA, A3, problem definition
What Skills, Experiences and Qualifications do I need?
- Experience applying Lean Six Sigma methodologies and tools to achieve business objectives in large, global, multi-site organisations
- Experience leading change and influencing at multiple levels
- Track record of leading successful continuous improvement project teams
- Ability to teach and mentor team members in best practice methods and tools
- Excellent data analytics skills, including experience of statistical methods (knowledge of a statistical software package is an advantage e.g., Minitab)
- Experience leading quality initiatives
- Sophisticated collaboration skills
- Curiosity about technology and the wider ARM ecosystem
- Dynamic experience in quality, continuous improvement, Operational Excellence, and/or Process Excellence roles in large organisations across any sector
- Black Belt trained and external certification (desirable)
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in a relevant field
- You will be curious, optimistic, and encourage others to be the best that they can be!
- The role will be based at one of three UK sites (Cambridge, Sheffield, or Manchester), with interaction with ARM locations around the world
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.