Job header section
Machine Learning Engineer & Team Lead
job navigation section
Hardware at Arm
You know us. With 125 Arm-powered products shipped every second, we'll be in a over a trillion smart devices by 2035. Your smartphone, award-winning VR gaming, the world's fastest supercomputer – our engineers are designing the advanced core processors leading the race towards a connected, autonomous, hyper-performance future.
So, we promise you endless opportunities to experiment and go even further in hardware. From advanced core implementation to full custom physical IPs, here you'll have our backing to push limits in vital areas such as memory, IO and logic.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Arm’s Productivity Engineering teams are building solutions to key scalability issues facing the semiconductor industry. We use our deep understanding of computer systems to improve the efficiency of engineering processes used across the enterprise.
Do you want to build the tools and infrastructure that will deliver the processor designs of tomorrow? We need your help!
We are creative problem solvers, working together on small, inclusive, and autonomous teams. Together, we identify, prioritise, and address the challenges required to deliver on our goals. As part of a distributed team you will work with colleagues around the world to meet your objectives.
The Senior Machine Learning Engineer will also help develop junior team members through mentorship, coaching, and line management.
- Design, build, and deploy the software and infrastructure that will transform our production engineering processes.
- Collaborate with data engineers, verification engineers, and machine learning practitioners to deliver performant tools that balance the needs of all three domains.
- Line manage, recruit, train, and plan personal development.
- Contribute effective, performant, and scalable code into production HPC (High Performance Computing) and Cloud environments.
- Thoroughly document the delivered solutions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A preference for writing maintainable and sophisticated software in Python.
- Tolerance for writing immature one-off software in Python when required.
- Familiarity with modern software engineering methodology.
- Line management experience and a passion for leadership and coaching of junior engineers.
- Like to work in an environment where you cooperate closely with a diverse team of colleagues, together striving to fulfil common targets.
- The ability to work independently when required.
Nice to have Skills and Experience:
- Exposure to the python data science stack or enterprise analytics tools.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Experience with Dask and/or Prefect.
- Experience with continuous delivery automation.
- Experience with Machine Learning Operations.
Please keep in mind that this description reflects the background we think would best fit the role. Applicants confident that they can perform the role, but unsure if they meet all the requirements should apply, so we can get to know you.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues.
We are a diverse organisation of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.