Job header section
Staff Design Integration Engineer
job navigation section
Hardware at Arm
You know us. With 125 Arm-powered products shipped every second, we'll be in a over a trillion smart devices by 2035. Your smartphone, award-winning VR gaming, the world's fastest supercomputer – our engineers are designing the advanced core processors leading the race towards a connected, autonomous, hyper-performance future.
So, we promise you endless opportunities to experiment and go even further in hardware. From advanced core implementation to full custom physical IPs, here you'll have our backing to push limits in vital areas such as memory, IO and logic.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Are you a self-driven, creative and motivated engineer?
If so, Come and join our GPU development team!
The role requires close working relationships with the block design teams, developing and implementing new processes and methodologies that will help in the integration of new technology into our GPUs.
Our teams are based in Cambridge, UK or Trondheim, Norway.
The successful candidate will be an experienced hardware design engineer with proven track record to deliver high quality results in challenging timescales.
We are a cross-site team and take ownership of a range of tasks that are required for the successful development, integration and delivery of ground breaking GPUs!!
We collaborate with the architecture, model, design, implementation and verification teams to ensure that both functional and design quality is achieved. Our team is involved in GPU research and development from the early concept stages to the final delivery of the GPU to customers.
What you will be accountable for:
- Development of design methodology and deployment within the team.
- Integration, maintenance and delivery of RTL to meet our product roadmap.
- Debug of challenging functional and performance design issues.
- Exploration and implementation of technologies and methodologies to improve our GPUs’ power / performance / area (PPA) profile.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience with hardware description languages (System Verilog preferable).
- Experience with version control and code review tools (Git/Gerrit preferable)
- Experience with continuous integration tools and techniques (Jenkins preferable).
- Proficiency in scripting for design automation using languages such as Python, Perl, JSON, Tcl, Make etc.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills, and ability to closely cooperate with other teams.
- Motivated, self-driven and able to work optimally both independently and within a team.
- Understanding of GPU architecture/micro-architecture, graphics and compute APIs.
- Experience of SoC integration and debug.
- Ability to debug issues using various EDA tools (Cadence Xcelium, Synopsys VCS, etc).
- Good general understanding of front-end design flows:
- Synthesis constraining and timing reports analysis.
- Design for Test (DFT), and Logic and Memory Built-In Self-test (LBIST and MBIST).
- Experience with multi clock (CDC) and multi power domain designs.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.