Job header section
Senior Software Engineer
job navigation section
Software Engineering at Arm
You might not think you know us, but you do. Our software is all over Silicon Valley. In fact, it's right in the palm of your hand. Because the biggest names in tech, from your smartphone brand to the makers of the world's fastest supercomputer look to us for the most powerful advanced core processors.
When you think about what software development can stretch to at Arm, from physical IP to machine learning, you'll wonder why you didn't apply sooner. The real-world applications for our technology are so massive, your work will influence the lives up to 70% of the global population, whether it's through award-winning VR gaming or life-enhancing medical equipment. Here you'll develop a better, connected future.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Senior Software Engineer - Product Delivery
About the role:
We're looking for someone to join our product delivery team to help design, develop and support our software solutions that make it possible to share our technology with our partners and customers.
Working closely with team members, product owners and other engineering teams across Arm, this person will be a key contributor in helping us meet our committed deliveries and business drivers.
You bring a positive, can-do, hardworking, self-starter and flexible approach in applying different techniques to help drive successful outcomes. You are also encouraged to bring fresh thinking and ideas, inspired by the lessons learned in your career. You are an excellent communicator with the drive and resilience to get things done both individually and as part of your team!
Skills, experience, and qualifications
- Knowledge of Object Oriented programming concepts
- Software development experience in Java and / or Python
- Knowledge of Database technologies: RDBMS / SQL and/or NoSQL
- Exposure to public cloud platforms; AWS, Azure
- Knowledge of microservices and RESTful APIs
- Experience with version control systems for source code, ideally git
- Automated build tools & pipelines, e.g. Azure DevOps, Jenkins
- Proficient with SDLC practices and procedures. Experience in delivering software solutions to requirements
- Excellent customer service demeanour, written and verbal communication skills and able to interact effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to lead collaborative discussions on complex technical issues
- Excellent team working skills
- Capacity to work quickly under pressure while maintaining standards and compliance with internal policies
- Previous experience of automating and streamlining routine maintenance activities
- Container technologies: Docker, Kubernetes
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code and one or more related technologies (Terraform, Puppet, Chef, AWS Cloud Formation…)
- Experience in use of the Jira or ServiceNow tracking tools
- Producing, influencing, or reviewing High Level Designs and Low Level Design documentation
- Experience or demonstrable understanding of Information Security and vulnerability management principles
Arm is at the heart of the world's leading digital products. Our technology enables the generation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies. Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip containing our intellectual property.
Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, creative and highly hardworking people. By enabling a dynamic, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.